i use to see this as the go topowder.now i see n133.what are the reasons for this change?

This is a great question. Is it because 133 shoots smaller consistently. or that 133 tunes better, or is more available than322. Or perhaps it is like a bad habit that most shooters cant quit. some shooters will bring 3 different powders to a match to shoot what they think will work the best for the conditions of the day . some shooters have a great supply of 133, or 322. or thunderbird. or scottish 322, or lt31, or something else. If you spend a lot of valuable time at the range and know what your rifle likes the best to stay in tune, why would you ever switch to something else? really good question g n

For myself it's because H322 is a bit hot to get up to the next node...... ie it shoots best at the older 3250fps node and many folks like to go up to 3450+ to "beat the wind".... I've never had any luck getting H3250 up over 3300-3350

((Most 6PPC BR guns have a tuning area right around 3250 and another up around 3450-3500))

IMO H322=N130 and the N133 is more closely matched the H335 (I'm going from hearsay here, not experience as I've never spent much time with H335, still on my first jug)

I keep maybe 20-30lb of H322 just because it's what I learned on and can always make it shoot dots
I have maybe a couple jugs of 130 and try not to get below 3-4 jugs of 133 because I _think_ it's what I want to shoot.

Bear in mind, I'm a backyard hack with the PPC still working my way toward getting good enough to feel comfortable committing to shooting competitively. I am NOT "the voice of experience" regarding anything 6PPC

this is a great question. Is it because 133 shoots smaller consistently. Or that 133 tunes better, or is more available than322. Or perhaps it is like a bad habit that most shooters cant quit. Some shooters will bring 3 different powders to a match to shoot what they think will work the best for the conditions of the day . Some shooters have a great supply of 133, or 322. Or thunderbird. Or scottish 322, or lt31, or something else. If you spend a lot of valuable time at the range and know what your rifle likes the best to stay in tune, why would you ever switch to something else? Really good question g n
one of the first to shoot a one agg.eddie golf and jeanie lynn. With 322 in late 1970s jeanie at south creek and eddie at camulis.

[QUOTEYOU WILL BE IF YOU KRRP PRACTIN.=alinwa;847588]For myself it's because H322 is a bit hot to get up to the next node...... ie it shoots best at the older 3250fps node and many folks like to go up to 3450+ to "beat the wind".... I've never had any luck getting H3250 up over 3300-3350

((Most 6PPC BR guns have a tuning area right around 3250 and another up around 3450-3500))

IMO H322=N130 and the N133 is more closely matched the H335 (I'm going from hearsay here, not experience as I've never spent much time with H335, still on my first jug)

I keep maybe 20-30lb of H322 just because it's what I learned on and can always make it shoot dots
I have maybe a couple jugs of 130 and try not to get below 3-4 jugs of 133 because I _think_ it's what I want to shoot.

Bear in mind, I'm a backyard hack with the PPC still working my way toward getting good enough to feel comfortable committing to shooting competitively. I am NOT "the voice of experience" regarding anything 6PPC[/QUOTE]

[quoteyou will be if you krrp practin.=alinwa;847588]for myself it's because h322 is a bit hot to get up to the next node...... Ie it shoots best at the older 3250fps node and many folks like to go up to 3450+ to "beat the wind".... I've never had any luck getting h3250 up over 3300-3350

((most 6ppc br guns have a tuning area right around 3250 and another up around 3450-3500))

imo h322=n130 and the n133 is more closely matched the h335 (i'm going from hearsay here, not experience as i've never spent much time with h335, still on my first jug)

i keep maybe 20-30lb of h322 just because it's what i learned on and can always make it shoot dots
i have maybe a couple jugs of 130 and try not to get below 3-4 jugs of 133 because i _think_ it's what i want to shoot.

Bear in mind, i'm a backyard hack with the ppc still working my way toward getting good enough to feel comfortable committing to shooting competitively. I am not "the voice of experience" regarding anything 6ppc
[/quote] the old 322 in square box sot realy well

For myself it's because H322 is a bit hot to get up to the next node...... ie it shoots best at the older 3250fps node and many folks like to go up to 3450+ to "beat the wind".... I've never had any luck getting H3250 up over 3300-3350

Bear in mind, I'm a backyard hack with the PPC still working my way toward getting good enough to feel comfortable committing to shooting competitively. I am NOT "the voice of experience" regarding anything 6PPC

A lot of people don't realize that the H322 sold today is not the H322 of old, the pre "extreme" H322 seemed to work better in a 6ppc , I love N130 but for me it works better in a 222. the powder that shocks me that you list is H335. To me this is the dog schitt of 6ppc powders, high flame temp for shortened barrel life and is so temp sensitive you cant keep it in tune through a match. I will stick with N133 as my go-to and tinker with LT31 on occasion.

A lot of people don't realize that the H322 sold today is not the H322 of old, the pre "extreme" H322 seemed to work better in a 6ppc , I love N130 but for me it works better in a 222. the powder that shocks me that you list is H335. To me this is the dog schitt of 6ppc powders, high flame temp for shortened barrel life and is so temp sensitive you cant keep it in tune through a match. I will stick with N133 as my go-to and tinker with LT31 on occasion.

I may have misspoken regarding H335 :)

I tried to be clear that I have no experience with it, I have some and _have_ fired a few rounds with it but have no real experience with it. You're probably correct in your assessment.

I do have 3+ jugs of pre-Extreme 322 and it still works great for testing in the field neck-size-only at around 3250fps. It's just easy...... dump some powder, set a bullet on it, shoot. No hassles.

Back