30BRX, 30Dasher, 30Improved, etc.. for score?

TonyinKY

Anyone have experience in score shooting with a 30BR longer than what is considered standard length? I'm more interested in the 30BRX (shoulder blown forward .100 further than a 30BR) with a .060 freebore and 17 twist at 200 & 300 yrds. I searched all equipment lists from last year and saw a 30Dasher listed twice. Was your goal more speed with the same bullet or same speed with a heavier bullet? Thanks in advance.

Tony, Danny Hensley and Jim Campbell have both played with some version of a 30BR LONG. --Mike Ezell

Larry Feusse Smoked a bunch of good shooters last year campeigning his .30 Larry or Gr, or Gorilla, whatever you call it. It is based on the Grendel Brass. It worked well.

Paul

30brx 30 dasher

Any one have the ability to put photos and specs on the board.
6br only has the 30br. Someone else had a different name for the 6 Grendel based case.

I'm the other "W" on the WW, and in my opinion it is a more balanced cartridge. But you know what they say about opinions! :eek:

Are you using the extra case capacity for more powder? If yes, are you shooting the 110 - 118 gr. bullets faster (3150 fps?) or shooting a heavier (127 gr?) standard BR (3000 fps) velocities? Thanks

Any one have the ability to put photos and specs on the board.
6br only has the 30br. Someone else had a different name for the 6 Grendel based case.

Mike Ezell has his 30 Major using 6.5 Grendel brass as the parent case.

Rodney

Are you using the extra case capacity for more powder? If yes, are you shooting the 110 - 118 gr. bullets faster (3150 fps?) or shooting a heavier (127 gr?) standard BR (3000 fps) velocities? Thanks

People try and try to stuff more powder in the case. An improved case gives that extra room where the extra powder actually has a place to go. It works.

30brx 30 dasher

so it's just a neck up case? what is the neck diameter?
Just cleaned up? seating ot free bore length?
Does kiff have the print? I know lots of questions. I think i want one.
Ohh forgot Twist?
and thanks in advance. eggman

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerry

so it's just a neck up case? what is the neck diameter?
Just cleaned up? seating ot free bore length?
Does kiff have the print? I know lots of questions. I think i want one.
Ohh forgot Twist?
and thanks in advance. eggman

I'm a bit confused....as usual. Which is it you want, a BR based cartridge or one that works with a PPC bolt?---Mike Ezell

30br

sorry:eek:
I finally found the case. it was under the 6.5.on 6mmbr.com
Now i get it it's a necked up PPC.
Yes i think so for an AR. also i think i might try little more capacity for the br.
so it looks like two i'll have to try.
I'll have to get an AR barrel made up {profiled}
Thanks for the imput. eggman
with the dasher, brx, brd, etc etc you have to look closer.
By the way didn't they call that a 30ppc? or is there something else i missed.

sorry:eek:
I finally found the case. it was under the 6.5.on 6mmbr.com
Now i get it it's a necked up PPC.
Yes i think so for an AR. also i think i might try little more capacity for the br.
so it looks like two i'll have to try.
I'll have to get an AR barrel made up {profiled}
Thanks for the imput. eggman
with the dasher, brx, brd, etc etc you have to look closer.
By the way didn't they call that a 30ppc? or is there something else i missed.

The Grendel is an improved PPC actually. Its not simply a necked up PPC, though I can't recall the exact specs on it...

Gerry, there is a 30PPC that's a necked up PPC and there is what I call my 30 Major,(the US Army Marksmanship Unit now calls it a 30 Gremlin) which is a 6.5 Grendel necked up. The 6.5 Grendel case is essentially a .070" long(at the shoulder) PPC. So...the 30 Major is a 30 PPC on steroids. It's capacity basically right between a PPC and a BR case and has a PPC case head diameter.--Mike Ezell

Gerry,

Item 1:

The 30 WW is NOT a necked up BRX. There is no BRX case. It's a 6 BR case and has to be formed from there. You'll have to talk to Wayne and Wayne about how to do that.

Item 2:

The 30 Major is NOT a 30 PPC.

The 6.5 Grendel is NOT a 6.5 PPC. The shoulder is forward as on the BRX, *except* that there is factory Grendel brass where there is not BRX brass.

To make the 30 Major, one simply necks up the 6.5 Grendel case to 30...just like one can make the 30 BR by necking up 6 BR. Necking up the 6.5 is just a tad easier....about .5mm easier.

Summary:

1. You can not simply neck up the 6BR to 30WW. There is an additional step to blow the shoulder forward. Maybe Wayne&Waye have a way figured out that I'm missing.

2. The 30 Major is to 6.5 Grendel as 30 BR is to 6BR. All factory brass. All simple neck up and shoot.

FWIW,

Greg J.

EDIT: Me too, Mike. I either need to type faster or be less wordy. :p

To What Point

In 100-200 yard Score, you can push a 112-118 grn bullet darned near 3200, if you so desire, with 4198. And with no ill affects. But, for some reason, these bullets seem to thrive at about a flat 3000. Right now, we can get these things to shoot at a sub .200 agg level. That is what it takes to be competitive. All you have to do is ask yourself whether your dream chambering will do the same. If it will not, all of the extra velocity isn't worth that stuff that comes out of primer pockets when you clean them.

I guess the reason we think the 30BR is so easy to do is because of the way we make the case, ie, blowing it out rather than necking it up. It is just so danged easy, and the things shoot so darned good.........jackie

Last edited:
30brx 30 dasher

WOW thats a mouth full or should isay several mouths full.
THANKS GUYS' Now i have to choose.
Easy though i have a 30br it's great. i also have several ppcs and a few ARs to play with. I have no problem with bullets .
I think i'll down load these posts Just to keep straight''
Thanks again Good to talk with guys who know more about these new cats

Back