300WSM Brass

gunnermhr

Given the outlandish cost of Norma 300WSM brass, have any of you changed to using Winchester Brass? If so, have you noticed any loss in accuracy. I have nver used anything but Norma in my WSM's.

Can you resize 270WSM into 300, I have seen many different measurements, some are real close and appear it would work and others I have seen show as much as .020" difference from where the neck and the shoulder meet, the 270 being .020 longer, I'm guessing if it's that much longer you wouldn't be able to resize it to 300 specs. 270WSM Norma seems to run about $50 a hundred cheaper than the 300.

Winchesters Works fine for about three firings then the primer pockets get loose! Yes when they know we need brass they love gouging us. Don't know what else we can us in its place.

Joe Salt

How about .325 WSM brass and necking it down, seems like that might be easier, and then you can trim length if its too long! Just another idea.

I use Winchester brass as I found the Norma brass was softer for me. I do neck turn all cases to take out any uneveness in the necks though.

I have never used in Winchester 300 WSM brass......strictly norma. BUT....I have some Win. 25 WSSM brass necked up to 6.5 (6.5 WSSM. 264 WSSM, whatever you want to call it) and have beat the living crap out of them. I have 150 pieces that will outlast the tube. I have 7 firings on them now and should get another 7 before things go south. And, these are not powderpuff loads......they mirror 6.5 284 numbers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses, I bit the bullet once again and dropped big coin on Norma brass as I figured I would have to. I sure wish Lapua would listen to the shooters in the sport and offer 300 WSM brass, maybe it would lower the cost and give Norma a little competition. It just makes me mad to feel like we are being taken advantage of, 6BR Lapua $.80, 270 WSM Norma $1.30 why in the he11 does 300's have to cost $1.80.

LAPUA PLEASE MAKE US SOME 300WSM BRASS AND CHARGE US A FAIR PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got news for you...I just paid over $3.00 a piece for new EDGE brass.

Rem brass...good for two to three firings..

Bertram brass...good for 20+ firings.

Money well spent.

Kind of like optics.

But then again..see my post on the WSSM brass....go figure...:confused:

I have a bunch of 300 WSM brass. I purchased about 1000 pieces when the WSM first came out. I have both Norma and Winchester. I know it stinks when you want to shoot matches and can't get components. If anyone really needs some send me an email. I bought it a long time ago so I just want a fair price by todays standards and I will come out great on it.

Russ

russelhardy1@gmail.com

Back