.280 Remington Neck Dia.

Boe

I'm going to have a reamer ground for the shop in 280 Remington. I never had anyone want one chambered in that round so I have had no need for one until now.

I would like to have one ground with a no turn neck dia with minimal clearance. Maybe 4-5 thou. larger than the largest factory loads. I don't have any factory loaded ammo that I can mic. I need neck dia on most of the major manufactures. I don't know how much it varies.

The few pieces of brass I have in the shop run 12-13.5 thou on the necks. Anyone have a recommendations? Yes, I have called the manufactures they are no help. Thanks for the help, Boe

I'm going to have a reamer ground for the shop in 280 Remington. I never had anyone want one chambered in that round so I have had no need for one until now.

I would like to have one ground with a no turn neck dia with minimal clearance. Maybe 4-5 thou. larger than the largest factory loads. I don't have any factory loaded ammo that I can mic. I need neck dia on most of the major manufactures. I don't know how much it varies.

The few pieces of brass I have in the shop run 12-13.5 thou on the necks. Anyone have a recommendations? Yes, I have called the manufactures they are no help. Thanks for the help, Boe

The RP factory loads I have measure .3105" . Some Winchester Nickel Plated measure .310". Probably .315 or .316 would do.

Pete

Last edited:
I use to think

I wanted 280 Improved and was considering buying a reamer but all said and done, it's pretty hard to beat a standard .280. I have always liked the .284 and have owned a couple. I got the .280 after them and wouldn't give it up for anything else as I sit here.

Pete

Back