.22LR 40X repeater action

R

runs-w-scissors

I'm looking for a .22LR 40X repeater action. Anyone have one they are will to part with?

re: .22LR 40X Repeater

Anyone know the action diameter on the .22LR version of the Remington 40X? How about the action diameter of Winchester Model 52, the Remington 513-T, the Remington 451X training rifle, or the CZ 452? Basically I'm trying to find out what actions are suitable for building a .22LR Repeater training rifle from. Must be a repeater rifle.

re: .22LR 40X Repeater

Tactical shooting. Basically building a more indoor friendly version of the military's sniper rifle either the M24 or M40 series of rifles. Hence the need for a repeater. That's also why I'd like it to emulate the Remington 700 look and feel as much as possible.

Options.

You might want to try a CZ 452 Varmint model for the "feel" of a Rem 700, or if you have the loot, a 1710 HB Anschutz would be nice.

SteveM.

remington 40x

They only made 629 and are hard to find. There is one on guns america. I went and saw the gun in Ashland, Kentucky and was a little dissappointed. It has a very plain piece of wood and it looks to be refinished. In my opinion it is over priced at 3900.00. I own three of them and each one has different features. They were a custom shop gun and had various options. It was only made for 10 years.

One of the two or three smart moves I ever made in my life...

I own seven 40X rimfires, all of them sporters. One I bought was NIB at Gopher Shooters Supply-that wholesaler down in Faribault, Minn, closed years ago. They for some reason rec'd some in stock and were selling them for $485.00 NIB, which was wholesale less some per cent I rec'd in those days. I rec'd their flyer and was on my way within five minutes, and bought the last one on hand, out of maybe ten. This would have been in the early 1980s. The others came along thru Shotgun News ads, every so often. I quit after six. After Christmas 2005 I was in the Gander Mountain in Maplewood, Minn, buying a baby shower gift for a yet to be born baby girl-got her a 39A plus a nice case. I am not kidding, and she loves it. Sooooo the guy behind the counter says, before I bought the 39A, "Would you be interested in a Remington Model 40?" "???", says I. He brings out a 40X rimfire sporter, rec'd that day, brought in by some pilgrim whose father had died, son had no interest in firearms, and no idea of what he had. Neither did the guys behind the counter. I paid, if I remember, $600.00. It's about 95-98%. That makes seven. None for sale, but watch the obits, there's going to be an estate sale the like of which you've never seen after I assume room temperature. I just wrote this as a war story, that's all. Oh, and the little girl just had her 3rd birthday, and loves it when her parents take her out to the gravel pit and shoot her 39A. She wears muffs, way too big...

22 lr 40x

what about a 541-s or a 541-t. any of the anchutz 54 models too

Wayne, this thread may be dead, but I gave up on my project and converted
it back to a single shot. I installed a full length ejector and made a blank plate
out of brass to cover the magazine hole in the stock. I have on order a Grade C
547 from the custom shop, that will be my Remington repeater. thanks, douglas

Douglas;
If it possible could I get pictures of your receiver from the bottom and from the top inside. I would like to see how far back from the end of the barrel your bottom opening starts. On the conversions I do the opening starts flush with the barrel. How far back it goes depends on which conversion I do. Thanks, Wayne

wayne,
I'll try to take a picture, but my camera isn't good for closeups. off the top of my head
the cut is right at the breech and stops where the tip on the ejector is. does that make
sense? thanks, douglas

Douglas; Thanks, it sounds about right. I just can't understand why the custom shop didn't build a feed ramp into their repeaters. It would have solved a lot of problems. Wayne

Wilber
I thought you died. Haven't heard or seen you in forever. Kettlefoot is not listed in Tennessee or VA. It should be listed in both. Can you do anything about that?
Jim

Wayne, I wonder if I could put the magazine that you used in my action?
I'd have to figure out if the mag holder uses the same holes? thanks, douglas

Douglas; I'm not real sure but I think one of the modifications the custom shop did was to move the catch on the magazine. The easier thing to do would have been to make a new magazine catch spring.
marlinrepeater005_zps10616b17.jpg

A setup like this would work on your rifle but the magazine slot in the receiver would have to be lengthened. The stock would also have to be modified and I was thinking you would prefer not to do that. I don't know if this the right place to be discussing this but theoretically it could be used for benchrest. Just don't know how competitive it would be. Wayne

There are a good many. 22 repeaters that would work well.
CZ452 American
Winchester 52B sporter or a C HB then rebarrel.
Sako P94S
Brno
Kimber
Cooper

All for a good deal less than a 40X, but I can see why you would want one.

George

Back