222 Rem. info?

And unless he suffers from flag blindness he will win some targets occasionally.

I confess, reading flags is not as easy as one might assume. It is not uncommon to look down range and see a line of flags at different distances from the target with each one pointing in a different direction. I do not have the years of experience needed to decipher the strange language of wind flags, so I wait for one repeated condition to reappear and shoot. Hence the name Slowshot.

I confess, reading flags is not as easy as one might assume. It is not uncommon to look down range and see a line of flags at different distances from the target with each one pointing in a different direction. I do not have the years of experience needed to decipher the strange language of wind flags, so I wait for one repeated condition to reappear and shoot. Hence the name Slowshot.

Sounds as though you understand better than you think you do. The conditions you describe are common at the range where I shoot most (Gallatin Gun Club). It is unusual to have all the flags there going in the same direction. It is a good place to learn patience. Something I have to relearn every season it seems, is that it's just as easy to shoot badly in the last minute as the first. If you don't see what you want, wait. One of the most frustrating things is to try and shoot in a bad condition, shoot badly and then see what you want show up with several minutes left on the clock. Patience! There is no prize for finishing first.

Rick

Back