.220 Swift Barrel Life

swift

Are the factory Remington barrels 1 in 14 like the old ones? My son in law is going to get a rem and I am going to load some ammo for him. Dont know whether to load 40s or 70s. Doug

Chino69,

Quote: "This hobby/passion has kept me away from strong drink and women of ill repute which cost me more in terms of money, time, and little satisfaction."

You are very mistaken in MHO. Women of ill repute are much cheeper than one you fall in love with and then start buying diamonds, houses, cars and then comes the kids!!! :eek:

Just think of all the hunting trips, custom rifles etc. you could have had with all that money!!! :confused: ;)

A woman of ill repute is only needed for about 5 minutes once in a while. :)

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

Last edited by a moderator:
Full Throttle Swift

I shoot sparrows off the garden fence with full throttle swift loads. This often leaves a pair of legs standing upright where the bird once set. Sometimes the legs hang on and pivot under the wire from gravity. This puff of feathers satisfies my need for max speed. I have two swifts that both shoot 34 gr of 3031 behind a 55 gr bullet very accurately. I forget the velocity, I am sure it is not much if any above a 22-250. Both these rifles have shot aprox. 1000 rounds. I don't shoot fast enough to get them hot. They both work very satisfactorily on prarie dogs. They both shoot about as good as they did new. You blow a shot in a shooting match and you might as well have stayed home. You miss a prarie dog and you just blew a nickel Fling anouther round at him. Consistent performance is better than more velocity. Have never understood why people get so worked up over swift shooters that opt for less than full throttle. It is a Myth that Swifts only shoot best at max loads.

Back