22 RF Reamer

glp

what's your opinion in reamer design regarding bullet engraving? Push the full caliber part of the bullet all the way into the riling or just part way? Regarding the section containing the brass casing....slight taper rear to front or no taper? Thanks in advance for any input. --Greg

Look @ the thread

about Lou's new CF reamer. See what Jerry H had to say about it then think about a design.

Pete

JMO, but if a given barrel gives me the option, I prefer to not fully engrave the bullet. I feel like we get a cleaner, more consistent burn from building pressure earlier in the ignition process, by way of more pressure needed to engrave soft lead than to simply push a bullet that's all or nearly fully engraved by closing the bolt.

It would be nice

It was an excellent thread & I appreciated the poster sharing his findings. I've always remembered its out there.
Keith

if more people would share as much as he did. Thanks for remembering where that info was.

Pete

most don't because

when they do, someone that has no clue argues with them.

I know you are right Don

when they do, someone that has no clue argues with them.

It's just the argumentative nature of Humans I think. I noticed nobody argued much on that thread and I see less of it lately I think. It appears to me some people become fans of certain individuals ergo, refuse to listen to what others think and do. Fans are a strange breed.

Pete

Back