22 Ppc

W

Waylan Kisor

I have searched old ps mags looking for match info on the 22's. I know the 222 was the choice prior to the PPC evolution. Was the 22PPC very popular in br prior to the domination of the 6. The powder of choice for the 6 seems to be 133. If the 22 was shot very much what was the choice of powder and load ranges. I shoot a trued, blued, tattoed Remy hv sporting a Hart 1:14 with a 2 oz. trigger, using Berger and Barts 52 grainers..

I know the 222 was the choice prior to the PPC evolution. Was the 22PPC very popular in br prior to the domination of the 6.

I don't believe the full length 22 PPC was ever a top choice in BR competition, its a to notch varmint round IMHO. I once owned a 22PPC I thought was great for benchrest but I found after about 3 matches it needed to soak overnight to get the copper out.

The shortened 22 PPC is very popular amongst a few benchrest shooters.

I have searched old ps mags looking for match info on the 22's. I know the 222 was the choice prior to the PPC evolution. Was the 22PPC very popular in br prior to the domination of the 6. The powder of choice for the 6 seems to be 133. If the 22 was shot very much what was the choice of powder and load ranges. I shoot a trued, blued, tattoed Remy hv sporting a Hart 1:14 with a 2 oz. trigger, using Berger and Barts 52 grainers..

I use the same powders,but i drop 3 clicks on powder measure when switching from 6mm to 22.
It will shoot and win matches,a full length 22 ppc is strong and will do close to 3700 fps with a 52 grain bullet.
i changed to a .085 short ppc and have won with it,the .100 short ppc may be the most accurate case alive.

I've done it

I shot a full 22 PPC in the early 90's. I used a 15 twist with a full case of 4895 and a 52 bullet. Shot great just didn't like changing barrel, powder, bullets, and so on.
Bob

Back