.22 matches in Pensacola fl. Area

.223mike

Want to shoot in local matches 50yds. Any within 50 miles? Mike

Match location

223Mike,
I'm in Jax and run the matches there, IR50/50, a little further than your 50 mile limit. We shoot the first Saturday of each Month. A little closer are the Unlimited matches that are shot in Mississippi. The Match Director there is Steve Lloyd, his contact info is on the IR50/50 site, as well is mine. Hope to see you at one of these ranges. Hope this helps a little. Bill

Want to shoot in local matches 50yds. Any within 50 miles? Mike

Styx River Shooting Center held the first annual Baldwin County Grand Championship Match last weekend. It was a grand affair; 22rim fire @ 50 yards, $6 entry fee, free hot dogs. There were three classes, Peep Sights, Precision (fancy rifles), and Hunter (cheap rifles). I won the Hunter class and was awarded a new rifle. Unfortunately, it's a traveling trophy and I have to give it back next year.

It was a fun event and everyone is encouraging the staff to make it a quarterly event. Time will tell. It was a low-key event designed so that everyone had fun, but there were some good shooters and the scoring was top notch and done very carefully so the competition was genuine and fair. That's my kind of match.

Why unofficial?

I have never been able to understand why People/ clubs don't sanction matches. Why don't they?

Pete

Pete,

Just the words "sanctioned match" scares a lot of shooters away. No good reason, just strikes fear in the heart of some who have never tried it. If they could overcome the fear they would see that there is more help available at a typical match than they could ever imagine.

Ken

Sanction Matches

All you need is a person to step up and give 6 to 8 hours a match besides the time he spends shooting.
He will need help building the fire making the coffee, getting targets, scoring. It takes a TEAM effort to make it work.

Yeah, there is the work involved

All you need is a person to step up and give 6 to 8 hours a match besides the time he spends shooting.
He will need help building the fire making the coffee, getting targets, scoring. It takes a TEAM effort to make it work.

I know all about that part, having done it for a couple of decades but if matches are being held,most of the work is being done anyway. It just seems to me that if a specified format is being used, those shooters involved should have the benefit of all the rest that goes with it. I would travel to shoot in a sanctioned match but not a club match, for instance.

Pete

Back