22 K hornet

mojo2138

I have a CZ 527 chambered in 22 Hornet and am thinking about a chamber job in K hornet.

The questions deal with reloading dies:

Are neck bushing dies available?

With a tight chamber, is a full length die needed?

What are the quirks with this cartridge?

I've always shot a straight Hornet and appreciate any help and experiences that you all can give. Thanks

Joe

Are neck bushing dies available?

No, But dies are available from RCBS and Redding.

With a tight chamber, is a full length die needed?

First time after fire forming Yes, then after Not really.

What are the quirks with this cartridge?

Should be easier to work with as you have a longer body and shorter neck to work with.

DR

22 K Hornet

Thanks for the help. You'd think that I would have heard of Saubier,com by now...goes to show that there is always something new out there. I'll call Redding in the morn for dies.

Joe

I have factory 17 Ackley hornet dies. I'd be surprised if 22 k-hornet dies were not available. However, you could get blank Wilson dies and use your reamer to ream them to k-hornet.
Regards,
Ron

If you find that you want bushing dies, Jim Carstensen can convert your FL or neck die to bushing style. He can also custom fit your FL die to your fired brass for minimal working sorta like custom sizing dies for BR rifles. Jim's company is JLC Precision, just Google it. If this is of interest, you might contact him before you buy any dies for his recommendations. The K-Hornet is a lot of fun to play with.

22 K Hornet

I thank you, Smokin' Joe, for the help. This is exactly what I needed. Now I can continue my craziness with the Hornet.

Joe Jarrell

Back