.219 D Wasp

The capacity of the Wasp was a little on the high side. It was closer to a 22 BR. A better alternative for those who still have a Wasp reamer is to run it a little short and use 6.8 SPC brass necked down to 22 caliber. After all, the SPC case is based on a rimless 30-30 case, and is already 222 length. It is also available with a small rifle primer.

Michael

I'm down to four Wasps. Very accurate and won a ton of stuff at local matches with them. T&R half-sleeved DST Mauser, Leonard Brownell Mauser, Audette Mauser and R.E. Morgan DST Mauser with a stock John Bunch made for me years ago from a blank he bought at the 1954 NRA Convention.

Jeff Aberegg

I'm down to four Wasps. Very accurate and won a ton of stuff at local matches with them. T&R half-sleeved DST Mauser, Leonard Brownell Mauser, Audette Mauser and R.E. Morgan DST Mauser with a stock John Bunch made for me years ago from a blank he bought at the 1954 NRA Convention.

Jeff Aberegg

My .219 D Wasp doesn't get shot much now days. But it's a Winchester Hi-Wall, & it still does in the odd gopher.

Phil

I don't shot one, but I did have a full custom Ruger No 1 built for my fathers 50th birthday. It's not a benchrest rifle by any standards, but it does shoot very well for a Ruger No 1, and I didn't get the "best" for it I could, I wanted to keep as much of it Australian as possible. We have some very very good barrels made here, but they are only in stainless which wouldn't have gone with the classic styled walnut stock. It's quiet a speedy little round from the 26" barrel of this rifle, and it draws attention where ever it's taken

Jeff, what powders are you using in those 4 wasps? Im shooting vv-140 and 55s

Back