210s and 300 WSM?

I believe most people are getting around 2850 give or take a little. Matt

So, a bit over 100 fps faster than you can get with the plain-Jane .30/06 or .30/284 at 60,000 psi?

Edit:

Matt, or anyone . . . What's your loading density with H4350 with the 210s and he .300 WSM?

Last edited:
Again, cant help with 210's as I am currently shooting 200SMK's, but this will still help a little.

63grains of H4350 is 1mm below the body/shoulder junction. Getting close to a full case, but still more room.

Cheers

Charles E
If you want a higher load density you can use around 68 grains of H4831SC under the 210's and still get 2850 fps.
Lynn aka Waterboy

I have been shooting 210 Bergers out of my 300 WSM since the beginning of the 2004 season out of my HG at 2960 fps. Well over 2,000 rounds on the barrel now, and I got around 35 firings on the brass before having problems with the brass.

-----------------------Jeff

With H4350 the case is about to the neck body junction and with the boatail taking up some room in the shoulder area the case is pretty full. When you shake the case after bullet is seated, you cand hardly hear the powder rattle. Jeff, the 2960 is fast. You must have a fast barrel. What twist and barrel is it? The fastest chronograped load i saw was 2920 with my buddies Broughton. The 11 twists seem to get a little more speed and powder. Matt

Matt,
I'm using MRP and my chamber is throated too long...this was a mistake when the reamer was made, but it works.
Hart 30" 10 twist barrel. Chrono'ed with an Oehler in February '04, 2960fps, SD of 2, I don't remember the ES but obviously it was very low.
---------------------Jeff

Matt,
I'm using MRP and my chamber is throated too long...this was a mistake when the reamer was made, but it works.
Hart 30" 10 twist barrel. Chrono'ed with an Oehler in February '04, 2960fps, SD of 2, I don't remember the ES but obviously it was very low.
---------------------Jeff

Jeff,

Define "throated to long" for me. In my WSM the only thing below the neck/sholder juncture is the boattail on the Berger VLD. I think my OAL is around 3.12.

Tod,
My bullets are literally almost not in the case at all...maybe .060" of neck holding on the bullet. It wasn't always this little, but wasn't much more before throat erosion took it out.

-----------------Jeff

Tod
That is my seating depth for my WSM throated for the 210's. That's just touching not necessarily where I shoot them however.

Frank

Back