2023 IR 50/50 Unlimited Nationals

tonykharper

The IR 50/50 Unlimited Nationals was shot today at Fairchance Rifle Range, Smithport. Pa.

George Donovan came out on top as the 2023 IR 50/50 Unlimited Champion. Conditions was tough, but George was more than up to the task.

Congratulations George on another outstanding performance.

Tony Harper won the title of 2023 IR 50/50 Champ of Champs. This is a combination of the Sporter Nationals, Three-gun Nationals and Unlimited Nationals.

TKH 2023champofchamps.jpeg

10 shooters? 🤣🤣🤣 poor ir50 is dieing a slow painful death. For a nationals match at that. Ouch
No,

There were 10 shooters that qualified for the Champ of Champs title.

If you missed this event maybe you can make it to the IR 50/50 match this Saturday at Wilson's range in Indiana Pa.

It will be an unlimited match shooting three targets. Basically, if you can drag it to a bench, you can shoot it.

If you are busy Saturday maybe you can attend the 3-gun match at McKeesport Range in McKeesport Pa Sunday.

Lots of matches to pick from just show up and shoot.

TKH

Where are the results for the unlimited match that matches the thread title?
It will be posted on the IR 50/50 website. The Champ of Champs sheet was the only one I was able to get before I left.

If someone has a copy maybe they can post it here.

TKH

Last edited:
as of now wilsons is full . if you want on a waiting list contact me jim peightal . thanks

No,

There were 10 shooters that qualified for the Champ of Champs title.

If you missed this event maybe you can make it to the IR 50/50 match this Saturday at Wilson's range in Indiana Pa.

It will be an unlimited match shooting three targets. Basically, if you can drag it to a bench, you can shoot it.

If you are busy Saturday maybe you can attend the 3-gun match at McKeesport Range in McKeesport Pa Sunday.

Lots of matches to pick from just show up and shoot.

TKH
Tony I haven't shot ir50 in over 8 years. Our club shot it for a while here in wilmington NC but we moved to ara and in green sea sc they shot the rba target and moved to ara. I hope the best for ir50. I have nothing against it. I find the sporter the absolute most challenging gun to shoot in any of our sanctioning bodies. That 6.5x scope is a killer for me and I'm only 46. I'm blind in my left eye and my right eye is full of floaters I can't see squat with the sporter scopes. They are beautiful little guns and i have the utmost respect for the guys who shoot them, and shoot them well at that. Sam

I’d guess expense is a big factor, for three gun you need a good sporter, often requiring it’s own favored ammo. Your cost just went up 2X, plus with the majority of shooters getting older, many cannot shoot a 6.5x scope well.

Also, IMHO, a series of bad management, including current, primarily interested in earning personal points above supporting organization.
You have a national championship match and not a single, solitary post, promoting it anywhere other than yours……pretty sad.

Back