2019 USARB Nationals at NRA Whittington Center

Good Shooting

I wish I could come out and meet and shoot with a lot of you guys and gals from out West. I know you mostly (Doug I've met) by name (and legend) only.

I have plans that can not be changed on that weekend. (This work stuff can really get in the way).

I wish you all good shooting and a great time with each other. Hope to see you at a national shoot in the future.

Chas

Super Opportunity to shoot at a world class facility

Looking forward to competing for my first time in the Nationals. A cabin has already been rented for a group of Arizonans and the registration fee is in the mail. I am also looking forward to verifying the ballistics on my .300 WSM at the 1000 yd range. Great practice for my annual elk hunt in Montana, the following weekend. I have driven by the exit to Whittington many times, wishing I had an excuse to stop. Now I do!! Jack Mercer, Quail Creek Airgun Club

Glad to hear you are coming, and look forward to meeting you.

I'm guessing I will shoot about 1 tin of pellets, and 3-4 thousand rounds of 9mm...:eek:

Is anyone planning to take advantage of the indoor sight in?

If this looks like it will be used by most I will have to come up with some sort of schedule. Was thinking of having 3 benches.

Mike

World Class Range for the 2019 USARB Nationals

Hi Mike

I'm heading To Raton early. My reservations at the NRA Whittington Center are for Oct. 16th through Oct 21st. I would like to use the indoor range on Oct. 17th to site in. I've prepaid my match fee's using pay pal. I've mailed off my registration form two days ago USPS.
I'm looking forward to shooting at the Whittington Center again. My thanks to you Mike Niksch and the USARB Board of Directors for making this happen.

Dave Zinski
NRA Life Member

Your entry provides you a 15$ ticket for lunch on Saturday and Sunday.

Here is a list of items that will be available each day at the concession trailer. There will be about an hour window for lunch each day.

Burgers 6$
Brisket Sandwich 7$
Nathans Hot Dog 3$
Chili Dog $4.50
Frito Pie $4
Homemade Chips 1$
20oz Soda 2$
Water 1$

There will also be at least one of these items each day in addition to the above selections.

Brisket Nachos $6
Korean Tacos $6
Pulled Pork Sandwich $7
Ham, Turkey, Bacon, and Cheese Panini $6
Reuben Panini $6

The food is supposed to be excellent.:)

Mike

Things are looking pretty good so far! 30 confirmed attendees with 8 months to go. I’ve received a lot of positive comments from people that are excited about this match and looking forward to it. I know I am.

Thanks to all who have signed up so far! About 25% of the field so far is comprised of former National Champions. This is going to be fun.

Mike

Ok...about a week and a half left to go!

I stopped by the Whittington center earlier this week on my way home from Baton Rouge just to check on things. Everything is in order, and it looks like this is going to be a great event.

We are shooting on the Coors Benchrest range. Maps will be available when you arrive at the gate. Tell the guy at the gate you are here for the USARB Nationals.

The range will require eye protection. Ear protection is optional. Regular prescription eyeglasses are fine.

They have enough shooting stools for everyone, but if you have a favorite I suggest you bring it with you.

We will have 2 compressors and 5-6 air tanks for use during the event. If you are driving, please bring your own tank and air. Our air tanks will have female foster fittings on the fill hose. If you need some adapter for your particular rifle...bring it with you, because we will not have it.

There will be a food truck with lunch items available each day from 11:30-1:00. You will have 30$ set aside with your paid entry for lunch items.

On Sunday, there will be a dinner along with awards at the shotgun center. Dinner will be smoked brisket, baked beans, cole slaw, potato salad, and a dessert.

Dinner for one is included with your registration. If you will have spouses, friends, or anyone else with you that would like dinner as well....it is 15$ each. Please contact me with your additional meal requests via email within the next few days. michaelniksch@gmail.com

Friday will be Practice. There will be 3 spaces indoors that you may use to sight your rifles if you would like. Each competitor will be allowed 15 minutes to get their sight in taken care of indoors. This is 15 minutes total...regardless of the number of classes you are signed up for. You can practice all you want outside.
We will run outdoor practice in blocks of 30 minutes. 20 minutes of shooting with 10 minutes of cold line to hang and retrieve targets.

It will likely be cool weather in the early mornings. Be prepared. 30s to 40s heating up to 60s and 70s later in the day.

It will be your own responsibility to make sure your equipment adheres to the rules of your division. We will have a chronograph and a scale set up to verify weights ans speeds. We will chronograph and weigh the top 3 competitors in each class. We may also randomly check after each card. We are not requiring tech inspections prior to the match.

Safety is taken seriously. Rifles not in cases must have visibly open breeches. Muzzles must be downrange at all times unless in a case. Anyone not following these simple rules will be asked to leave.

Im going to attach a PDF of the schedule below.

If you have any further questions, please contact me via email. michaelniksch@gmail.com

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you there!

Mike Niksch

Attachments

• 2019 National - schedule of events 10-19.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Back