2015 NBRSA Group Nationals - St Louis - Sept 14-19

CubCouper

Rodney Brown
The deadline for saving $$ on pre-registration is fast approaching. There is a $40 late fee penalty to register after August 17th 2015.

2015 Group Nationals Registration Form

Even if you don't pay ahead, it would be considerate to let Nancy know you are coming! Lots of shooters this year with the influx of international guests arriving for the World Bench Championships following our Nationals.

flag rotations?

Thanks Rod, have you got a flag rotation list or should Nancy be contacted? -- Scott

Scott: Contact Nancy because some rotations are full already. Tony

I called in last week and got one of the only two RV spots left. Also, you ar correct about the flag rotations. I told her to just pencil me in on what ever was convenient.

I started out planning on just going and shooting Unlimited, but then it dawned on me that they now shoot all of the 100's, and the unlimited 200 isn't until Thursday.

I gotta find a decent LV barrel.

Last edited:
Event schedule

What days are what events shot?

Mon: UNL 100
Tue: SPT 100 - LV 100
Wed: HV 100 - 1st half of awards, NBRSA General Membership meeting
Thu: UNL 200
Fri: LV 200 - SPT 200
Sat: HV 200 - 2nd half of awards

Group Nationals form

All I get from any source is a 1/2" black box in the top left of the page to print. Here, NBRSA, St. Louis BR Club. I generally do not have trouble anywhere else. Even printed the IBS forms from a post below without issue on the Benchrest Central website?
Chad Schmidt

Last edited:
Hi Chad: Sounds like your PDF reader is having a challenge with that particular file.

This probably won't help, since it is the same file, but here is an attachment you can download direct from this site. View attachment 2015

Attachments

• 2015GroupNationalsRegistration.pdf
    360.7 KB · Views: 237
Mon: UNL 100
Tue: SPT 100 - LV 100
Wed: HV 100 - 1st half of awards, NBRSA General Membership meeting
Thu: UNL 200
Fri: LV 200 - SPT 200
Sat: HV 200 - 2nd half of awards

IMO, this format is worse than the UL Monday and Saturday. At least with that format all the rest of the shooters didn't have to sit a day and wait to shoot HV!!

/

IMO, this format is worse than the UL Monday and Saturday. At least with that format all the rest of the shooters didn't have to sit a day and wait to shoot HV!!

/

Jerry,

Try for once to look at the positive side :eek: This may not be everyone's opinion.

If shooters do not want to shoot the UL they can sign up for it and shoot their Sp/Lt/Hv to not only fine tune them but get shooting time in and also under tournament conditions. If they don't want to shoot or come to the range and shoot Monday they can shoot the 200 rifles at the UL on Thursday to tune for Friday/Saturday.

I took a survey for over several nationals right after the second day of shooting the 8/10 shot matches for two days and the majority of the shooters at this time said lets do something I'm exhausted. But 3 months later they forget about how much physical effort was needed to move these heavy rails each time to shoot. A lot of shooters we have are up in their years and it is hard on them to work this hard for two days. "you may not be one".

As a shooter and now a director I have heard shooters in the corner wanting to have change and when you make a change its Why did you make a change? We can make some change to try and hope to better the sport for the shooter and if does not work, it can be revised or reversed, but it takes a while for the revision to see if it does or not.

Tom Libby
SW Director

Jerry,

Try for once to look at the positive side :eek: This may not be everyone's opinion.

If shooters do not want to shoot the UL they can sign up for it and shoot their Sp/Lt/Hv to not only fine tune them but get shooting time in and also under tournament conditions. If they don't want to shoot or come to the range and shoot Monday they can shoot the 200 rifles at the UL on Thursday to tune for Friday/Saturday.

ISW Director

Look at the positive side, I always do!!

I can see the reasoning in shooting HB/UL on day 1 and day,2, this gets the carts and other rail junk out of the way-good for the shooter..

I can see, from the range crews point of shooting UL/HB on day 1 and the last day. This way they don't have to move the target frames as often-good for the range.

But shooting HB/UL on day 1 and day 5?? WTH?? Bad for all. We have always had a few older shooters like this Libby guy and a few others, who only shoot HV. This current format means these old guys, which I will be someday, have to sit for 2 days for nothing.

For example. the last match Mike Walker shot in was at the IBS Nats at Weikert when he was 98, almost as old as that Libby person. He got to shoot HV100 then the next day HV 200. What was wrong with that? Nothing.!

Jerry,

I took a survey for over several nationals right after the second day of shooting the 8/10 shot matches for two days and the majority of the shooters at this time said lets do something I'm exhausted. But 3 months later they forget about how much physical effort was needed to move these heavy rails each time to shoot. A lot of shooters we have are up in their years and it is hard on them to work this hard for two days. "you may not be one".

As a shooter and now a director I have heard shooters in the corner wanting to have change and when you make a change its Why did you make a change? We can make some change to try and hope to better the sport for the shooter and if does not work, it can be revised or reversed, but it takes a while for the revision to see if it does or not.

Tom Libby
SW Director

Tom, I really like this format for the reasons you mentioned plus a couple of others. Unless you have sweet table spot or a 90' RV parking place reserved, you really need to get there several days early to get a decent spot indoors and get settled. When the UNL 100/200 started off the week, you had 4 days of being there preparing before you really got to your class, if you weren't a serious UNL competitor. I always shoot the four gun for the reasons you mentioned too but 4 days is a long time.

I also like the one flag change this format offers. So I vote to keep it and thanks for trying something new.

The only thing I'm perplexed about this year is the entry fee. I don't remember exactly what it was the last time I went but I'm sure it was quite a bit south of $320.

Scott

I don't like the format as well as the old regime. I could shoot for 4 days and then leave if I wished, and have shot 3 complete grand aggs. 6 days of shooting and 7 days away from my responsibilities can be more than I want. Just my own perspective. I'm just happy to be able to shoot at all.

Jim

I think that the new format is as close to perfect as you can get. Only one flag change and varying levels of activity intensity. I look at it this way. 1st day UNL 80% activity, 2nd day SP/LV 100%, 3rd day HV 50%, 4th day 80%, 5th day 100% and last day 50% and on the road by 1 PM. I would hate to have to shoot all day Saturday after only shooting a half day on Friday. HV 200 on Saturday is the perfect finish to a great week of shooting!

Back