2 New IBS 1000 Yard Records Set

Gordy Gritters

We have 2 new IBS 1000 Yard Agg records going right now - one in Light Gun and one in Heavy Gun. Both these were set at the Iowa 1000 Yard Club. We'll see if they are still standing at the end of the IBS season - if so, they will become official records then!

Al Forbes set a new Iowa club record and an IBS 6-match Light Gun Group agg record of 4.281" (with a related score agg of 47.167). Al did this with his 6 Dasher, and it included 3 screamer groups. The past Iowa club record was 5.299" and the IBS record until now was 4.6832".

Lee Fischer set a new Iowa Club record and an IBS 6 Match Heavy Gun Score agg record of 98.833 (with a related group agg of 6.673" and 19 x's). If I am not mistaken, this is also an all-time world record bettering anything else that has been done in IBS, NBRSA, and Williamsport registered competition. Lee did this with his big 300 Ackley. The former Iowa club record was set by Lee last year at 96.17, the former IBS record was 96.833, and I believe the former all time world record was 98.33 set in Williamsport.

It's been fun watching these 2 guys squaring off match after match, with lots of good-natured bantering back and forth about which was better in the Iowa winds - the "little 6 Dasher" or the "big 300 Ackley". Looks to me like in the right hands, it could go either way, huh?!!

Way to go, Al and Lee!!

Gordy Gritters
www.extremeaccuracyinstitute.com

It's getting scary when folks are near agg'n in the 3s for IBS LGs, and with another 7 points on 6 targets, will be shoot'n 100 score aggs.

Incredible shooting guys. Wow... there ain't much more to say.

:4Mesh shakes head in disbelief:

I wish I knew how to link video to this forum - I have both Al and Lee on video competing at our 1000 yard matches, and it's just awesome watching these guys shoot. I use these videos as real-world examples in my long range shooting classes when I show and explain to guys what they need to strive for if they want to become really top level shooters!

Both these guys shoot so quick and smooth - just like well-oiled machines. You can tell they not only have superbly accurate rifles and obviously very well-tuned ammo, but just as important they've worked extremely hard perfecting their shooting technique, which completes the equation.

It's an honor competing with shooters of this caliber!!

Gordy Gritters
www.extremeaccuracyinstitute.com

You've got a website for your club don't you Gordy? Just FTP the files up to a folder on your site, then link to them in your post. The link will be something like (spaces added so it doesn't make a link here) http ://www.iowa1000yard.com/videofolder/videoofshooter.wmv or whatever you've got. Obviously, replace names of folders and files accordingly. If you have any questions, pm me with them. If you don't have space for em, let me know and I'll work that out too.

Back