2 GUNS at the BUD Question

R

ron collins

I see that Dick has put 2 GUNS at the Bud being one VFS and either Hunter gun. Does this mean that we no longer can shoot two VFS guns at these matches. I know that the top five shooters this year shot two guns, one LV and one HV. What is the ruling on this now......Hey Dick Grosbier.... let us know what the rules are this year concerning
this Please

Actually Ron, Allie was the only shooter in the top 5 to shoot 2 guns in VFS. I believe that he and Lee were the only 2 shooters at the match to shoot 2 VFS guns. There is a 2 gun contested at the Bud every year, the Flying Fish trophy sponsered by Dave Halblom. That may be what Dick is referring to. Anyhow, I doubt there would be any issue with shooting 2 VFS guns so long as you're not keeping another potential competitor from claiming a spot. I'm sure Dick will chime in...

Actually Ron, Allie was the only shooter in the top 5 to shoot 2 guns in VFS. I believe that he and Lee were the only 2 shooters at the match to shoot 2 VFS guns. There is a 2 gun contested at the Bud every year, the Flying Fish trophy sponsered by Dave Halblom. That may be what Dick is referring to. Anyhow, I doubt there would be any issue with shooting 2 VFS guns so long as you're not keeping another potential competitor from claiming a spot. I'm sure Dick will chime in...

The 2 Gun referred to is a 6X rifle and a VFS. That is the ONLY 2 gun in score that is of signifigance. And that is what the Flying Fish Fundamentls Challenge is about. You can dowhatever you want w/ 2 VFS rifles, but it means squat to the 2 gun

Shooting 2 Guns at The Bud Pryor , IBS Score 2 Gun is not two VFS Rifles.

Ron
David is quite correct in his statement ,and I quote from the IBS Tentative Score schedule page. "IBS Score 2 Gun aggregate Contested (one VFS and either Hunter or Varmint-Hunter Gun)" The IBS 2 Gun Aggregate in Score is a VFS rifle and a 6X rifle and I try my utmost to make space available for people to shoot this aggregate.

Two VFS Guns is a totally different matter. IBS Rules allow a total of one LV and one HV rifle to be shot in VFS class (only best set of SSOY points are awarded even if best Grand Aggregate is comprised of aggregates from one gun in first agg, and other gun in second, etc.) Two heavies cannot be shot. Two LV can be fired if one is declared as a Heavy. The shooting of two VFS Rifles is generally allowed at the Bud Pryor on a space available basis. I will not turn an individual who who would like to shoot the event away to allow another shooter shoot two VFS rifles. This is rarely a problem as we can handle 75 guns. Hopefully this answers any and all questions about shooting 2 guns at the Bud Pryor.

Dick Grosbier
Match Director 17th Bud Pryor Memorial

Last edited:
Back