1903 A3 Base

Roger T

Does anyone know of a Base maker that makes bases for a 1903 A3. The rifle had a set of Buehler mounts that are in bad shape and I need a replacemet set/setup. The Leuopold 1 piece bases is not the correct spacing neither are the Weaver fronts a match. Ken Farrell has plans to but not yet in prod. EGW does not make a base for it either.

Last edited:
the bases are out there...they are not gonna match what someone did with two pc bases...
mike in co

Mike, The Buehler base is a 1 piece so is the Leupold. The Weaver is the only 2 piece base I've seen advertised. The spaceing is different for ALL 3. I REALLY don't want to turn the front reciever ring into Swiss Cheese if at all possible. I have purchased a Leupold and also talked to their Tecnical person(the base and packageing are marked 1903 A3 as is the reciever). The spaceing on their base is to their specs but it doesn't fit the existing Buehler pattern.

Last edited:
All measurements are from REAR reciever screw to fronts Buehler/Reciever Tapped. RR to first front screw 4.375..to second front 5.25, Leupold is RR to first is 4.08...to second front screw 4.95 give or take a few thou on both measurements:eek:

Buehler

believe Buehler is still in business in Orinda Ca. He is still shown as a business with address and phone number listed on internet. You might contact him to replace your base and rings. The Buehler mounting system is both strong and attractive. As he suggests, "If all else fails, read these instructions" and you will have as good a scope mount as any made. Good luck.

I have found the Items I needed (another site). Thanks to all who responded. I do agree the Beuhler mounts are quality mounts. The problem was that whoever mounted the bases/rings/scope must have did it with a Vise Grip/Cold Chisel/Mall. I should ask Wilbur what the charge is for a want ad. PM me . I went about this the wrong way I guess.

Back