16th Annual Catfish Shoot

The 16th Annual Ga. IR 50/50 3-GUN 50 yd. match will be held on Aug. 22nd. I already have the placques, as well as some pretty nice door prizes. One more fishin' trip and I'll have enough to feed y'all. We'll shoot the 50 meter Ga. IR 50/50 3-GUN Championship at the Macon County Gun Club, in Montezuma, on Aug. 23rd. Bob Collins will have the Montezuma range open for practice on Friday, Aug. 21st. We are limited to 30 shooters for the Saturday match. Below are the shooters who have told me that they are coming. If you plan to come, please notify me, so that I can get your name on the list. ;)
1)Richard Shorter
2)Bob Collins
3)L. Worthy Jr.
4)Emery Smith
5)Ron McCormick
6)Larry Shellhouse
7)Paul Campbell
8)Cliff Keesee
9)Tim Miller
10)Tommy Wood
11)Phil Deese
12)Tommy Cravey
13)Bill Smith
14)Ernie Jenderko
15)Keith Lovan
16)Gary Mitchell
17)Steve Lloyd
18)Mickey Law
19)Bob Pekaar
20)John Allen
21)Allen Stigall
22)Robert Varney
23)Rod Collins
24)Doug Weeter
25)

Last edited:
Count me in

Leonard

I plan on coming if I can remember the way. It has been a while since I shot at Geogetown.

Tommy

South Ga Boy,
If nothing else I will come for some of the best "Catfish" this side of the Mississippi! - :p
Count me in!
Doug

Leonard or someone else might have a better GPS but this is the one that gets me close. N32 55.847 W80 16.803

I don't know a whole lot about GPS, but my little hand held tells me N31 49.710 W085 03.275. I guess that's pretty close to what Doug shows. Maybe between the two, everyone will find the range.

Go with

Leonards hand held. They should be good to get you within 100' of the Range. I just used Google Earth and it looks to be a very good fix! 31 49' 42.55"N, 85 03' 18.26W

Leonard
What is the GPS address for the Range
I don't think the GPS will help. If you stay in Eufala, AL. and going to the range, come across the lake to Georgia and go to the corner grocery store is- about 3 .5 miles. Make a right hand turn and go up the hill and cross over the rail road tracks ( hard to see on your right. Go to the top of the hill where there is, I believe a STOP sign, make a left, go 50 feet to the next STOP sign, make a left. You'll probably go by an isolated house on the left. Keep on going until you see two houses on the left with two mail boxes on the right side of the road. The range is at the first house. Hang a left and park where you can. I stay at the Jameson Inn in Eufala, it's on the right on the main street 334-687-7747 with plenty of medium scale restaurants near by.
Bob Pekaar

Hey Doc

You mean to say GPS won't work in the State of Ga??? It did 3 weeks ago as I drove past his place going to work at Walter F. George Lock and Dam.:D

Catfish Shoot – Meters 8-23-09 at MCGC

Rod and I will have the MCGC opened up Friday if anyone wants to come by on their way to Georgetown to shoot a little. Saturday afternoon after the yards event in Georgetown, the Macon County range will be open for the 50-meter site in.

I am guessing that everyone at Georgetown will be at Macon County for the meters event – if you are coming let me know so we will have your name in the pot for lunch. If you need a map to the range let me know.

Bob Collins

Macon Co. Gun Club address

2742 Hwy 128, Oglethorpe, GA 31068

This might work on a few GPS units.

Bob Collins

The weather looks good for Saturday (partly cloudy, High 88) and even better for Sunday. We sure could use a few more shooters......haven't you guys got another buddy that you can bring along..........somebody that likes to eat and shoot little holes in paper........or are they scared of the Mighty McCormick?:D I knew I shouldn't have let the word out that he was coming.:eek:

Now that's Funny!

I don't care who you are, that's funny! I've been told there are some fella's from Fl., coming with blood in there eye's itching to whip all of us. Me, I'm just coming for the Catfish and to see everyone while there no Hurricanes and storms around.:D:p

Fiddler’
Now here’s the Deal!
I will bring some chocolate “Hagen Daus” ice-cream to the match if you will bring me just a little Crawfish Gumbo or some of that great “Wild Boor Sausage” that you have frozen.
This is not for the feast that Leonard or Rod will have but just for my Bedtime Snack when all leave the range.:)
See You All Saturday,
Doug

.......or are they scared of the Mighty McCormick?:D I knew I shouldn't have let the word out that he was coming.:eek:
He's comin' with a new killer rifle but won't tell me the smith. He has a whole set of those Australian wind flags, a newly designed windicator, an extensively modified front rest, his killer 1047 ammo- and to keep him regular like the rest of us- four pounds of cherries- yeah, his new firing stool is a flip-flop top.

Back