110yd Group From RAW's New Bench Ready TM1000

JoeWillie

:cool: A few weeks ago I was speaking to Martin Rutterford at RAW ( about Benchrest shooting of course ) when he mentioned he was planning to build a Bench Ready gun. As he started to mention the particulars, RAW TM Action, Benchmark barrel, any size airtube up to 500cc bottle and a real Benchrest stock he certainly caught my attention. Well my experience has taught me that a lot of people are fixin to but always seem to be in the almost stage. So I figured maybe 9-15 months we might see a proto.

I don't mind saying that I was very wrong! Apparently Martin is a man of his word as today he sent me a picture of a 10 shot group shot this past weekend with the first Benchmark barrel that he mounted to an Action. It was shot at 100M (110 yds.) with JSB 16grs., which would not be my first choice so maybe there's a little room for improvement! Unfortunately I'm not able to upload the Jpeg so maybe someone can help me with that. It should also be noted that it was shot with a regular TM stock ( his Stockmaker is carving the new BR version now, and I think he mentioned it will be Ambi style?) and on bags not a rest!

Bottom line is it appears to be comfortably under 1" c-c for ten shots and not the only group shot I've been told.

World class accuracy, all the goodies, Made IN The Good OLE USA , by a man who will actually talk to you on the phone ( try that with any other Airgun Company!)

With all the great innovations being made by gents like Gordon Dawson, Chip Smith, Dan Brown, Martin Rutterford et. el. ,

SOMETIMES I LOVE BEING WRONG!

Mark N

That's great news Mark! I had my first experience dealing with Martin and Sandra today and what a pleasure it was. Can't wait to see a picture of that group and the new BR stocked TM1000.
Todd

Hi Guys, My new TM1000 should get here this coming Wed. Bought just the complete action. Going to make a BR stock from thick walled aluminum tube. Saw one in Eugene, Ore. that Dennis had made. You are right, that Sandra is awesome to work with. She must work 24/7 I sent an e-mail about 7:00 PM from Ore. and got an instant reply. Must have been about 9:00 PM there. Now that's service above and beyond. Don Carter

normal_Benchmark.jpg

Todd,
Not to bad for the first blush, mount and shoot don't you know! We are fortunate up here in the Northeast to have Gents like Dan Brown and Rick Ingram to help us with our guns. The Gents on the West coast seem to have a guru or two also but I think for most shooters this new platform gets them very competitive from the get go without the BIG SEARCH for help.

Rick has said
that there are plenty of 244-247 barrels out there but the 250 barrels are pretty rare!
I believe that to be very true, Great barrels like Dan Brown's super 'Krieger' and the proven Benchmarks I think are on a different level.

Mark

Mark,
I had to do a double take when I saw the pic of the group. I thought "2in? That's decent..." Then I looked closer at the tape markings! Awesome group! I think I'll be looking into getting a Benchmark barrel soon....
Todd

JoeWillie & Renegade,

I think I may just have to start looking a little closer into how to fund one of these new and improved TM 1000's. I know Mark's got his up and running pretty decent, but this full-blown benchrest ready stuff has my panties all up in a wad. Like with the SUMO, it sounds great. But for me after having run a Theoben for all these years, this may be an even better choice, especially if it's a side-lever. My only wish would be that instead of using a Benchmark, one of the Lilja 4-Groove, Tight-Bores that Claffee and Dan Lilja came up with for the rimfires would be the cat's ass of barrels for this airgun. And it's not a special order in any way, shape or manner as the tight-bore dimensions are almost dead-nuts on what we want. But, either barrel would be fine. Now we'll just have to work on Dan about offering a 33 to 36 twist beast. That would be awesome in so many ways.

Dave

this is getting as bad as my chainsaws and 22's, must resist, must resist, must resist............

I have just placed an order with Rapid Air Weapons for one of my customers in Houston. He is a long time center fire and rim fire shooter and a good one. He joins the air gun community as a result of my attendance at some local rim fire matches. We will have 5 TM's on the firing line. Recruiting in Houston is going well, as we will shortly have our 4 concrete benches. We are close to filling our second relay. Three if these new shooters are a result of promoting the production class by buying one and shooting it.
How great it is that Steve George brought us all together. We have about 15 concrete benches on our Center fire Range and we plan to host a Regional in the fall of 2013.

Plan on a great trip with a visit to the NASA Space Museum and Galveston Island for some great Seafood. We are close to NASA and about 35 miles from Galveston.

Bob Z (Competition Airguns)

Back