1-27 Manatee IR5050 results

DJB in Wi

We had nine shooters. One was John Auston from Miami. Very nice guy. John did shoot a 249-10X in some very tricky winds. A 249 was a good score considering the winds. Sorry it was a little windier then you are used to John. This was a nice day compared to what we normally have as far as wind. You got a small taste of the winds of the Manatee. Congrats on some fine shooting Ernie. Your tough to beat in any conditions.
Dana English is in his second year of shooting rimfire with us, and is shooting some good scores and getting better all the time. You build some great shooting rifles Dana. Thank you all for coming. Doug

Results were
Sporter
Ernie Jenderko..............249-13X
Tom Pampalone............246-10X
Pete Wass....................246-10X

101/2
Ernie Jenderko..............249-19X
Doug Bell.....................249-14X
Dana English................248-10X

131/2
Dana English.................249-17X
Doug Bell......................249-16X
Neil Ewing.....................249-14X

3 Gun

Ernie Jenderko................747-44X

Unlimited

Tim Longcore..................249-12X
Pete Wass......................248-15X
Doug Bell..........................247-18X

Unlimited# 2

Ernie Jenderko.................248-16X
Dick Volk........................247-13X
Doug Bell........................247-12

unlimited#3

Ernie Jenderko.................250-17X
Tim longcore...................246-14X
Neil Ewing.......................246-13X

3 card unlimited winner

Ernie Jenderko................742-45X

Last edited:
Hello Doug, you and all who assisted, hosted a nice shoot. Yes, I was somewhat suprised by the winds on the range, which were maybe 15 -20 mph, when a prior weather check for Myakka City predicted an average of 8 mph. This was my first rimfire match anyway from my home range in Hollywood, FL, against some well seasoned IR5050 shooters. I look at it as a great learning experience. I plan to return when I get my sporter rifle built, which should be in the next couple of months. One thing I did notice was the high number of shots being fired, apparently for sighters, which I suppose are a necessity when shooting in very windy conditions. Also noticed several joystick rests were being used. Next time I will bring my Farley II, as I did better with my two piece JJ Industries front rest, than I did with my one piece rest in the unlimited class. The best part was meeting all the nice folks in attendance, including Dave Smith who was not shooting. John

John,

You will find that the more the wind blows, the more important sighters are. If it's really windy, go off the edge of the target to confirm conditions if need be. Just be careful not to hit the line around the scoring block! I usually figure a box of ammo per target when going to a match, then throw in some extra just in case.

Ken Henderson

Ken,

You are right about factoring in a box per target on very windy days. At my home range shooting USBR targets, my routine is 5 shots for warm up on the practice bulls, then I normally will shoot for score. I'll seldom shoot more than 35 rounds per target, as I did last Sunday at Manatee. Part of my nature is being frugal and I hate wasting good ammo unnessarily. The wind I experienced at Manatee will require me to change my way of thinking. The slight let ups / increases that I did not pick up on killed my scores. More sighters will be fired in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

John

Back