Vudoo Single Shot Update

Rimfireshooter

Looking for an update from any Vudoo owners out there. How is your single shot rifle performing? What are your likes/dislikes with the rifle?

Thanks,

RFS

Well,

I haven't seen any of them mentioned in the winners podiums of any Benchrest matches yet. Has anyone else? this is where the worth of rifles are seen .

Pete

One piece of his puzzle is a reverse taper barrel. He shoots that rifle very well.

Larry

Larry,

Cliff is using a reverse taper barrel on that Vudoo?

That is a throw back to the days Bill Meyers used reverse tapered Benchmark barrels and did very well with them.

Do you know if that is a Benchmark three groove?

Please share anything you know about Cliff's rifle. It doesn't look like Cliff reads these threads.

TKH

Larry,

Cliff is using a reverse taper barrel on that Vudoo?

That is a throw back to the days Bill Meyers used reverse tapered Benchmark barrels and did very well with them.

Do you know if that is a Benchmark three groove?

Please share anything you know about Cliff's rifle. It doesn't look like Cliff reads these threads.

TKH

According to the equipment list, Cliff is using a Muller barrel.
Joe

Last edited:
According to the equipment list, Cliff is using a Muller barrel.
Joe

I can confirm it's a reverse taper, I saw it myself at the match and again at Marion County. This is the first time I have seen a reverse taper, and it makes an impression on you, given the narrow area near the action, and the thicker end at the muzzle.

Tony, I'll see him again in a couple of weeks at Edwardsburg, I'll ask him more about the barrel. He mentioned the number of grooves, but I can't remember accurately what he told me.

Thanks,

Larry

I can confirm it's a reverse taper, I saw it myself at the match and again at Marion County. This is the first time I have seen a reverse taper, and it makes an impression on you, given the narrow area near the action, and the thicker end at the muzzle.

Tony, I'll see him again in a couple of weeks at Edwardsburg, I'll ask him more about the barrel. He mentioned the number of grooves, but I can't remember accurately what he told me.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

Please let us know what you find out. I'm not aware that Muller has made reverse taper barrels but perhaps they have.

One thing we know for sure is Cliff's rifle is working, would really like to know what if any mods he has made.

TKH

Larry,

Please let us know what you find out. I'm not aware that Muller has made reverse taper barrels but perhaps they have.

One thing we know for sure is Cliff's rifle is working, would really like to know what if any mods he has made.

TKH

Tony, I checked with Paul Tolvstad and Muller does not make a reverse taper barrel. I'm not sure what brand the barrel is, or how old it is.

If I find out any further info, I'll be sure to let you know.

Larry

Tony, I checked with Paul Tolvstad and Muller does not make a reverse taper barrel. I'm not sure what brand the barrel is, or how old it is.

Larry

Larry,

The barrel is most likely a Benchmark. It could be a two groove or a three groove. Back in the day most people shot the two grooves and some remarkable score were shot with them.

I would be most interested in what if anything has been done to the firing pin or bolt assembly. Please report what you can.

TKH

Larry

Larry,

The barrel is most likely a Benchmark. It could be a two groove or a three groove. Back in the day most people shot the two grooves and some remarkable score were shot with them.

I would be most interested in what, if anything, has been done to the firing pin or bolt assembly. Please report what you can.

TKH

Shilen used to do reverse taper barrels. I have one left. It is a centerfire though, but they have the program and caliber wouldn't
Matter.

Shilen used to do reverse taper barrels. I have one left. It is a centerfire though, but they have the program and caliber wouldn't
Matter.

Butch,

You are right, I do remember Shilen made some reverse taper barrels. Cliff could be using a Shilen.

I really wish Cliff would tell us more about his rifle.

I understand he may not want to giveaway trade secrets but there are many Vudoo owners that possibly could benefit from his information.

TKH

Last edited:
I think last time I looked he had Penrod listed on the equipment list as gunsmith. Maybe Mark has some information you may be interested in.

I think last time I looked he had Penrod listed on the equipment list as gunsmith. Maybe Mark has some information you may be interested in.

Good idea, maybe we can ask Mark to tell us what, if anything, he did to the Vudoo.

I know many are reluctant to post on the forums but it really is the second best way to help fellow shooters. Face to face is the best but not always possible.

TKH

Cliff built the the gun his self, It is a Benchmark 2 groove reverse taper barrel that he had. He put a Lidgard stock on it. The Vudoo has a standard firing pin and a Flavio trigger I do not if it is a Remington style or a 90 degree sear.

Cliff built the the gun his self, It is a Benchmark 2 groove reverse taper barrel that he had. He put a Lidgard stock on it. The Vudoo has a standard firing pin and a Flavio trigger I do not if it is a Remington style or a 90 degree sear.

EAL,

Thanks for the info. I thought it was a Benchmark. There have been some rally good ones over the years.

Can you clarify what you mean by "standard firing pin". The three most popular styles now are the round pin, the chisel pin, and the latest, the cresent pin.

I'm guessing you mean he isn't using the cresent pin.

Thanks again for the info.

TKH

Back