Vudoo Single Shot Update

EAL,

Thanks for the info. I thought it was a Benchmark. There have been some rally good ones over the years.

Can you clarify what you mean by "standard firing pin". The three most popular styles now are the round pin, the chisel pin, and the latest, the cresent pin.

I'm guessing you mean he isn't using the cresent pin.

Thanks again for the info.

TKH

I heard he replaced the striker pin in the firing pin with one like the 2500X
Evelio.

I heard he replaced the striker pin in the firing pin with one like the 2500X
Evelio.

On any of the few you’ve built, any pin tip changes or all OEM ? Seems like whatever benefit it may or may not have, getting it driven properly seems more of a challenge than typical chisel tip.

On any of the few you’ve built, any pin tip changes or all OEM ? Seems like whatever benefit it may or may not have, getting it driven properly seems more of a challenge than typical chisel tip.

All the ones that I build have the crescent style pin. In my personal opinion the large impact area of the present crescent pin configuration is the reason for the FTF and possibly an inconsistent ignition.?????
Evelio.

From talking with several people who shoot the VoDoo with the crescent firing pin, they all seem to think there is a slight advantage when everything is perfect. The problem is it seems to require a lot of work to keep it right over the standard shape firing pin.

All the ones that I build have the crescent style pin. In my personal opinion the large impact area of the present crescent pin configuration is the reason for the FTF and possibly an inconsistent ignition.?????
Evelio.

I hear that. While there seems “ some” opinions that indicate advantage, however minimal, I wonder if it is worth the trade off required to drive the damn thing properly ?

Back