Tired of the primer BS.

I guess what I have to do as some folks suggested is place orders at a bunch of places and hope they call when they come in before they charge me. I suppose the more orders I place the better my chances.
Thanks everyone.

Larry, where are you in MD??? I'm in NoVA and can spare you a few thousand Wolf's if you are interested...

wolf primers

LM sorry to hear of your primer troubles . but speaking for those of us who shoot against you we are hoping you don't find them .just joking larry. would you like me to try and find some for you ? just e-mail me mike@therifler.com see you in august . oh if you need any 130 let me know we can work something out . mike

And speaking of rumors:

I clearly remember all the chicken littles/ the sky is falling predictions last Winter that as of June 30 2009 commercial manufactured ammunition would no longer be available, since it would not have the required "encoding" stamped ident. Here it is, July 21 and I can walk into any store that sells ammunition and buy anything they have on the shelf. How much panic buying did this B.S. create?

Thanks Hal It is Much appreciated. I live real close to Elkton. Is there any chance your going to York this weekend?

I removed my post above because it was somewhat politically oriented, which this is not the place for such a post. My opinion however remains.

wayne,
i agree that you have the right to disagree with me and my opinions. thank you for removing the post.
mike in co

Larry

check your pm
YEAH, MIKE Thats a good Idea! One way to beat him! Looking foreward to seeing you in August. .
Tim/LASER

I called yesterday

Powder Valley is taking orders for Wolf Primers. I didn't ask when to expect them but he told me they ship when they arrive without any notification.

Thanks Hal It is Much appreciated. I live real close to Elkton. Is there any chance your going to York this weekend?

Larry, I'm headed up to PA, but not York. If you can get to Fairfax, I can get someone to do a hand off for you...otherwise, we could hook up another time.

Hal

Powder Valley is taking orders for Wolf Primers. I didn't ask when to expect them but he told me they ship when they arrive without any notification.

Pete,
I don't think that is quite true. I got a call asking if I still wanted my backorder. I then recieved an email copy of the invoice. Then I received a ship notice from UPS on Monday as well as a delivery confirmation when they arrived yesterday. So unless they are changing their back-order handling process, I think that there is sufficient communication. Either way, they seem to be a good company to deal with and aren't gouging shooters for these scarce components.
Greg

Try a gun show (desperate times...)
Last week I found 8,000 Rem 7 1/2 small rifle primers at a local gun show.

for anyone in the central region of Ohio Fin Feather and Fur has a limited supply of federal small rifle, rem 7.5's, CCI's (no BR4's), and some one pound jugs of n133. I picked up a 5lb jug of rel 7 and their last 1lb canister of H4198. I didn't buy any of the primers because my stock of them is plenty for the next year or so.
Hope this helps somebody out there.
Mike

So a supplier recieved 17 MILLION. If they sold 5000 to each customer how many would that supply?? This is Sunday AM and awful early to do that kind of a calculation.

Actually it looks like 3400 marksman would have been happ(ier). That would have supplied most of the 3400 with enough primers for many months (years). Some will shoot more than that yearly, but a very small percent.

Wonder how many actually recieved some of that shipment.

PS: Im tired of the lack of readiness, also. How many Boy Scouts got caught?

Tired of the primer bs

Lets see 17 million 5000primers x 10 customers = 50,000
5000 x20 = 100,000 so 200 buying 5'000 = 1million
200 buying 5000 = 1million 17 X200 =3,400 customers buying 5,000
correct ? Looks like a case for 3,400 shooters

PS: Im tired of the lack of readiness, also. How many Boy Scouts got caught?

so just what would have done..????
this has been talked about to death......and you blame the manufactures for who the public voted for, and then the "change"/buying spree that occured ?
its a temp hiccup in the process....you cannot invest in additional equiptment /nor facilities. .....
i love people with 20/20 hindsight, but little foresight.

mike in co

so just what would have done..????

What would I have done??

Just keep 5000(or a years supply for yourself) or so ahead. When you get to that level get some more on the way. Too late now but one day you will be able to get 10-15K on hand, or when you use a K get another. That also insulates you from price spikes, somewhat.

What will you do when the next shortage is food?? How many households have over a few days supply of anything edible? Dont count the freezer as there will be no power for that. The contents will have to be cooked/canned in a day or two.

Last edited:
"....go read powder valley's site on primers BEFORE you whine.

they have over 50 MILLION PRIMERS ON BACKORDER.

so if you have not placed your order already, honestly when do think you will get primers from them ?
....."

I'm not on anyone's backorder list. I ordered 2k Wolf small rifle 'magnum' primers from them last week. They ought to be here this week. Wolf was not my first choice but it beats not shooting......Cost was reasonable also....sure hope they work okay for me. I also ordered a few pounds of powder. Again, not my first choice (I wanted Varget and Benchmark), but maybe it's time I check out RL15 and then I can always use the H322 also.

I've only got about 5k Fed and maybe 2k WSR primers left from the supply I got about 5 years ago.....haven't had to use any since then. Retired and got busy with other projects. :cool:

Back