Shooting Stool

K

Kim Merrill

Who makes the best shooting stools? I am looking for a solid feel.

Kim ...

Sinclair International makes a nice one that friends of mine like. It runs around $105.00: http://www.sinclairintl.com/prod_detail_list/s. I found a comfortable used office chair with the up and down adjustment for less than $25.00. I removed the arms and back by removing a few bolts which makes it easy to transport. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to a music store, one that sells drums, etc. Then look at their selection of drummers thrones. I use the cheap one because my grandson, a drummer gave me one of his cast offs. Suits me just fine. They are adjustable and comfortable.

For a "shooting stool" but with a "solid feel" use ex-lax but not too much!

..or a very nice one HERE. joe :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The SInclair stool is WAY overpriced! A drummer's throne is three times more comfortable, is 1/3 the money, built twice as well, and they disassemble into two smaller pieces. It's a no brainer.;)

Last edited:
Ditto

on the drummers throne, bought mine from a local music shop, all differant sizes and heights, just make sure you get one that has a double brace.

Folding stoole

We make a folding stoole that adjusts for height, about 4" high when folded.
$80.00 Bruno Shooters Supply
1-800-455-0350.

Lester

Roc-N-Soc

Got one today. It is very solid and comfortable. Thanks for the tip!

I bought one of Bruno's after looking at some drummer's thrones. It's a larger seat and a little more comfortable over time. It can't be adjusted quite as closely as the thrones but it packs better in the vehicle.

One thing I like

about the grizzly stools is they are on a screw vs a danged collar that requires a wrench to adjust. I am about to agree on the Sinclair not being the best thing. I have used one for a few years and I find the seat danged uncomfortable, especially when the weather is humid. I have a Throne but the seat on it is too hard for my taste. Not all are as hard as the one I have. I have never liked the wooden folding things. I don't find them at all comfortable. I vote for the Red Grizzly with VELVET! :D

Last edited:
The old addage ya gets what ya pays for applies in spades to drummer's thrones. If you can inspect one before buying, be sure it's double braced if you weigh over 100 pounds, as someone noted above, and also look at the bracing or bracket that is attached to the seat itself. I had one that seemed to be REALLY sturdy, and had a back on it, but the bracket that actually screwed into the bottom of the seat was only cast aluminum and it fractured after a couple years. That one cost 129.00. My son, who is a drummer has gone through 2 similar ones that broke in the same area. We both recently purchased Pork Pie brand thrones, which are made with a stronger seat/pedestal arrangement. They are not cheap. Sometimes you can get very good deals on thrones at Music 123 and also Musician's friend, online.

Well....

I'm not a drummer... But that cheap one I bought from Grizzly. Held up Dick Wright A$$. I've had it for 3 years. Still going....:D

Drum Throne

I bought one of these yesterday, The base and hardware seem very substantial and well made. The top is a little hard and small (I am not a small person) My wife says it's perfect. Tried it today and I am very satisfied. Dale
http://store.drumbum.com/skuA-67.html

Mine just arrived. It's the leather covered one from Grizzly. One of the knobs arrived a bit off, but nothing that a dab of JB Weld wouldn't cure.

Back