Shooting Stool

I have been shooting off of the Roc-nSoc for a fee weeks now. SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the concensus on wheels? Yay or nay?

I don't know what the consensus might be, but I don't want wheels on my shooting stool. Some ranges have gravel/dirt "floors" under their benches and wheels tend to get in the way when the won't roll smoothly. I do like to haul a couple of "shims" (short lengths of wooden wedges) in the kit so I can eliminate the rocking that sometimes can develop on uneven surfaces.

JonathanK link: http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/st...oryId=&ip_mode=0&x=0&y=0&wcsiptext=&iscached=

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one from Lester and it has worked out for me so well, I had a cabinet shop turn out three more just like it for around the shop and other places I use them.

I vote for ....

The Sinclair model. Had mine for years with no problems. The advantages are:

1. Weather proof (no stitching to leak and no vinyl coverings).
2. Instantly adjustable for height with a simple under seat lever.
3. Adjusts down enough to get under a pickup bed cover.
4. No complaints heard from other long term users and matches.

virg

The black adjustable ones

tend to have hydraulic issues after a few years. I am 3 for 3 on them. I just bought a roc n soc drummers throne, VERY NICE. $130 though. IF I had known about the grizzley ones, I would have done that.

Go to a music store AFTER the holidays

There's always a bunch of stuff on sale. Maybe even before Christmas, what with the economy and such.

Roy

NO WHEELS

I've been using a Pork Pie brand heavy duty throne for well over a year now after my son the drummer recommended it. It's very well made and had plenty of nice comfy padding on the top. I got mine on clearance and the color sceme is kind of garish, but it was only $129.00. Actually more comfy than the $199.00 stool I had before it. (that one broke)

The Sinclair works very well for most people and is very durable. I found it too high even in its lowest setting so I went internet shopping looking for a pneumatic type. That type is much faster adjusting when being shared. I found a cheap one ($45) that looked and acted great..for about a year. The lever mechanism hidden in the seat was plastic and gave way. Down went the person sitting on it and luckily was not hurt. When I went back to shopping again, I made certain about what I was buying. The new one was 3 times the cost of the cheap one but is built to last without using plastic. Ever notice that it is next to impossible to find out anything important about the cheapies but you can when it is quality. I suggest you get what you pay for, sturdiness and convenience. Randy J.

Back