Referee Duties

Well...I wasted some of your time anyway. If there's a rule that says he will notify anybody and he didn't it's not up to opinion.

I agree fully. I remember years ago at a match at Thurmont a good friend and a top HC shooter was shooting right next to me. We both had Burris HBR scopes. He looked through mine and asked what power it was. When I told him 6X he told me to look through his. after comparing the 2 we decided either his was an 8X or mine was a 4X. I compared mine to Saras and they were the same. we certainly have no control over the manufacturers specs or QC but, we do have a responsibility to avoid "bending" a rule.

Depends on how you adjust them, the scopes I mean, I do not know about anything else. Everyone has this thing about adjusting a scope out, it should be adjusted in. Scopes depend on length for power and a 35X scope adjusted out may only have 33X or 32X, but a scope adjusted in may have 34X. So it would look like a 8X as compared to a 4X in the lower scopes. JUST GUESSING!!!!!! The eye is a marvellous tool, it will adjust itself to see what you want. and there is a fine line in scopes. I know that I am not explaining it right, but it is my 2 cents.

Back