Premier Reticles

Premier.........????

yes... they are still in business. making their own line of scopes... not modifying Leupolds anymore like they started. BUMMER.... THEY WILL NOT WORK ON ANY SCOPES THEY MODIFIED NOR WILL LEUPOLD..... I owned 2 boosted leupolds ...wanted a reticle change..... NO WILL DO....

If you need custom scope work done you could contact Bill Ackerman @ Optical Services Co, they do custom reticle bump power blue printing. Bills Daughter Cheryl is running the shop and she's a pleasure to deal with. There is also Cecil Tucker, who also provides mods to scopes.

I had Premier install a 3 dot reticle in a 6.5X20 Leupold back in 1991. At the time I thought they told me any work they did wouldn't cause Leupold to void the warranty! I recently dropped the scope and it may have been damaged. If what you say is true I'm screwed unless Ackerman can repair it. I'll be calling tomorrow to see where I stand. Thanks

Wiggly,
Back then that was the case, But when Dick Thomas passed that agreement went away! Leupold will probably fix it if they don't have to change the reticle. If the power was bumped, or other physical mods where done then your probably out of luck. Always worth the call though!

Leupold and Premier

After many phone calls and sending my 6.5-20 to Leupold and having it returned unfixed. I called and asked the service guy what could be done, and after much discussion. I sent the scope back the second time and they removed all Premier parts and returned it to Leupold parts, but the broken reticle I had to pay for. I lost a really good reticle and first focal plane and paid $165 but saved the scope. Now that Ive had it for awhile I like the new reticle almost as good as the first. Premier claimed that Leupold wanted to build up the custom shop so they cut off the parts supply. The only part that was bad was the reticle Premier made. Both companies have handled this badly as far as I am concerned. Leupold condoned this from the beginning, and your warranty was good after Premier altered your scope.

Premeir

Does anyone know if Premier Reticles is still in business? They were located in West Virginia.
When I had the scope done it was a reticle change with no bump. I'll call Leupold tomorrow and post the answer. Like I said, I'm not sure yet if the scope is damaged, but it did hit the floor pretty hard. The weather here is finally turning cold, so a good test for the scope won't be for a few days.

Will Leupold repair, (replace), a reticle in a modified scope if you pay them, example being a 36x with a Tucker Conversion, since the conversion is independent of the Reticle?

copied from Bill and Chery's web page

I had Premier install a 3 dot reticle in a 6.5X20 Leupold back in 1991. At the time I thought they told me any work they did wouldn't cause Leupold to void the warranty! I recently dropped the scope and it may have been damaged. If what you say is true I'm screwed unless Ackerman can repair it. I'll be calling tomorrow to see where I stand. Thanks

"If you require Optical Services Company assistance not listed or need something special, contact us. However, Optical Services Company is not a repair shop. If your scope is broken, we recommend that you send it back to the factory."
I have had several reticle changes done by them. Excellent. Regarding the repair, just spoke to Bill about a month ago. He confirmed that they are not a repair facility, but a hot rod shop.

LASER

If Premier Reticle

did the work on a Leupold back when they were authorized to do so, why would Leupold fail to honor the warranty?

I tried to contact Leupold a number of times today with no luck. If you follow the prompts for Tech Support or Repair you get routed to a voice mail box that is full and not accepting messages! I sent an email asking how to talk to a person, if I get a reply I'll get it out to the forum

I tried to contact Leupold a number of times today with no luck. If you follow the prompts for Tech Support or Repair you get routed to a voice mail box that is full and not accepting messages! I sent an email asking how to talk to a person, if I get a reply I'll get it out to the forum

We're all iced up out here...... schools closed, freezing rain and more to come. Might be a day or two.

Don't feel bad guys. I have a very rare Premier Running Target scope with dual micrometer eye piece (quad actually). I called Premier after Dick died and they had no parts left, including the special Premier scope rings. It's just one of those companies that moved on after the founder dies or retires. Fortunately for me my scope didn't need any repair but if it breaks, it's worthless and there is no scope on the market that could replace it. I own a few Premier modified scopes, always got great service from them.

Back