powder prices

C

c.robertson

Is there any word of a price increase looming in the near future on reloading powders?
I would hate to go in debt for X number of 8lb kegs if the price / availability was going to remain steady.
thanks.
cbr

On hand at todays prices.

Is there any word of a price increase looming in the near future on reloading powders?
I would hate to go in debt for X number of 8lb kegs if the price / availability was going to remain steady.
thanks.
cbr

Very likely the price thing is gonna continually get ugly...............:mad::(

Buy as much as ya can afford of your most fav and used powders/bullets/primers...... After all, they ain't getting any cheaper with time.!

Problem becomes is safe storage for horded DG components...

I'm not thrilled with having to hord but geesh, availability and continual price increases kinda demand one "stocks-up" in a reasonable manner..............

cale

I agree with caroby.

last year I was purchasing Remington 209 STS primers for $21.95/1000. This year they are $39.99/1000. Found some CCI BR-2 match at the Birch Run gunshow here in Michigan for $49.99. The price of lead shot has come down a little. Was $50/25lbs. for #8's hardshot, now it's $39.

Powder was selling for $22/lbs.

Mark D. Spencer

thanks.
cbr

What kind of money do you think it will bring when the new administration stops the sale of all reloading components and ammo?

What will it be worth to you then? Buy a case of kegs, two cases of primers and a case of bullets. You won't notice what you payed for it when you can't get it anymore.

thanks.
cbr

Even without the political situation powder prices are unfortunately only going up. And if you are talking Vita Vhouri powder which is frequently in short supply anyhow all I can say is get what you can when you can get it.

I know a lot of people who have gone out and bought them an AR15, M16, Mini 14/30 or whatever. The problem is there NOT buying enough ammo or components to feed it for more than a few minutes. So, they'll have these nice new guns but won't be able to shoot them. Because, ammo will be out of site. If you'll still be able to get it:eek:

James

I know a lot of people who have gone out and bought them an AR15, M16, Mini 14/30 or whatever. The problem is there NOT buying enough ammo or components to feed it for more than a few minutes. So, they'll have these nice new guns but won't be able to shoot them. Because, ammo will be out of site. If you'll still be able to get it:eek:

James

lol...not so in my area....there is no 223 ammo to be had. at a show two weeks ago all 223 ammo was gone on opeing day...by about 1 pm. i sold 42k of primers in the same time. sold all my 223 brass, bullets and all my 45 acp brass. left the show at noon on sunday...noting left to sell!
another show this weekend(6/7) see how it goes.

mike in co

powder priced will probably see thier normaql annual price increase after the shot show in jan.

all the lead/copper based parts should not see increases, maybe small decreases.

raw brass fell by more than 50% in two weeks last month.

get your muzzel loaders out boys... they gonna take away all them guns anyway.
i wanna see whos gonna admit that they voted for Obeemoe in 2010 ?
'cause all the dem in office for a yr will figure out to get your guns especial all the new buys that have been made on AR- m1a an minnies.. after that your gonna need to learn how to speak russian an Chinese :eek:

lol...not so in my area....there is no 223 ammo to be had. at a show two weeks ago all 223 ammo was gone on opeing day...by about 1 pm. i sold 42k of primers in the same time. sold all my 223 brass, bullets and all my 45 acp brass. left the show at noon on sunday...noting left to sell!
another show this weekend(6/7) see how it goes.

mike in co

So what kind of prices are you selling small rifle primers at the 10 case level, now? What is today's closing cost of Lake City 5.56 NATO per 25,000?

So what kind of prices are you selling small rifle primers at the 10 case level, now? What is today's closing cost of Lake City 5.56 NATO per 25,000?
my pricing is sub market, but local...no shipping/no hazmat.

i sell mixed 223/5.56 brass....but again locally to reduce costs/time.

i'd give you a price, but i stopped by my source, and i doubt they had 5k this month, normally 25-40k a month.

pm me if you want to continue this.
mike

Well that does it, y'all convinced me.
Going to order six 8lb. kegs of powder mid December. Have enough brass, bullets & primers to load it. At 65 years of age I can shoot for the remainder of life anyway.

Now, to make them .223 shooters cry: I sold two 4 gallon buckets of 99% federal brass for $50.00 a bucket. But then there are still 5 ammo cans in stock, plus several thousand rounds of mostly match ammo in .223. :D

Powder prices

Dont know what is going to happen to the prices of powder, But I just bought H-4198 8Lbs for 124.95 at Powder valley

total cost?

Is $124.00 the cost shipped and with the hazmat charge included?

Congratulations on the SSOY win!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I will answer that, NO!! Haz-Mat & shipping are extra. But still, if you do not live in Kansas you still save money over the profit & extortion (tax) of buying locally. Besides, I like screwing Missouri out of state & local extortion fees.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Powder valley has probably the best inventory of powder and very competitive prices anywhere. Poke around in their site, it is worth the look.
That is where I will be placing a 6 + 2 keg order on 17-Dec-08. The 2 is for a couple friends, the 6 for my stock.

Powder Valley seems to be out of some alliants..

Check with Natchez as they were only about $1 more one RL 15 and Unique for the 5 and 4 pounders-compared to PV.

most of the places i deal with sell at set increments 500,1k or 2k. you have to ask for a case lot price.

mike in co

powder has gone up about 3x in the last 20 years so at that rate i would say buy what you can now (i haven't heard anything about powder going up, now lead thats another story) im using some different old powder and it works great.

Back