OK Super Shooters?

Dan H

Hey guy's good luck to all of you, hope the weather in sunny Ohio;) holds out for you. I woke up there one morning a few years ago to 34 degrees, I was camping out in a tent.
If anyone gets a chance could you post the head count = # of shooters, and how ya are doing.

Thanks
Dan Honert

OK guy's this is what I have, this morning I called Gary Conaway, he was getting set up. According to Gary it has been raining there in Sunny Ohio for the past month, Gary said it looked like a river going through his back yard this morning. Attendance is down considerably, I think Gary said 240 or 260 shooters this year. That's all I got, I didn't want to take away too much of his time as the opening ceremony was less then an hour away. By looking at the weather report for North Lawrence, looks like wind and rain all week.

Dan Honert

Partial Result's!!!

Guy's here's what I've got. I just talked with Allie he said Wayne Campbell won Today with .15???? agg. Lester Bruno and Lowell Hottenstein were in the top five. He said Wayne started out this morning with a .09? group and ended the day with a .06? group.(Way to go Wayne),if that gun continues shooting like that it's gonna be a long week for the rest of the crowd. I think bad weather is predicted for tomorrow at one of the most humbling ranges in the country so I doubt you'll see those kind of agg's shot tomorrow.

Ss

Wayne Campbell sure gave us a lesson today and in a wonderful display ended up with a .1538. Allen Arnette 2nd, Lester Bruno 3rd, Gene Buckys 4th. Lowell 6th I believe - can't remember who was 5th.

I shot next to Wayne today and he was on fire. Finished with an 064 and the other zero he shot was an 091. That 1538 of Wayne's beat Bill Forresters LV100 record of 17xx set some time ago. Amazing to watch something like that at your first supershoot.

Winds were real twitchy and the flags didn't point in the same direction for more than about 10 seconds - sometimes less. And let me tell you there were a few groups in the 7's out there. Yup, in the region of 0.700". Nasty indeed.

Great shooting Wayne.
Best of luck for tomorrow to everyone who is here.

Peter from NZ

WooooWeeeeee!!!! Atta boy Wayne! I love seein' that! And way to go Allen! Two of Virginia's, the SER's, the USA's, the World's best! (I kind of forgot how good they were) Good shootin' boys. Keep it up.

Matthew S Keller

Wayne Campbell sure gave us a lesson today and in a wonderful display ended up with a .1538. Allen Arnette 2nd, Lester Bruno 3rd, Gene Buckys 4th. Lowell 6th I believe - can't remember who was 5th.

I shot next to Wayne today and he was on fire. Finished with an 064 and the other zero he shot was an 091. That 1538 of Wayne's beat Bill Forresters LV100 record of 17xx set some time ago. Amazing to watch something like that at your first supershoot.

Winds were real twitchy and the flags didn't point in the same direction for more than about 10 seconds - sometimes less. And let me tell you there were a few groups in the 7's out there. Yup, in the region of 0.700". Nasty indeed.

Great shooting Wayne.
Best of luck for tomorrow to everyone who is here.

Peter from NZ

WOW!!!....What a great shooting there!

Hi Pete, good luck & have fun there! Good to see you make it to the SS. Keep 'em small, mate.

seb.

Hey guy's good luck to all of you, hope the weather in sunny Ohio;) holds out for you.
Thanks
Dan Honert

Here's your sunny Ohio!
Yesterday evening.
This is Butch Lambert & the Shilen crew fishing for Carp on lake Shilen. The floating dock (AKA:the boardwalk) was donated by the Kelbly's.
100_0388.jpg100_0391.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0391.jpg
    100_0391.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Thanks Scotty, and Jay for the pictures. Looks like a challenging week at the Kelbly range = hardly ever a dull SS.

Dan

This is what I found out

It stopped raining just as they started shooting 100 HV and started again after they finished.

Chris Harris won the 100 yard heavy with a .1706 agg
Gene Bukys was 2nd in the 100 heavy with a .1790 agg
Jeff Summers was 3rd in the 100 heavy with a .1892 agg

In the 2-gun the standings are:
1st - Gene Bukys with a .1906
2nd - Wayne Campbell with a .1945
3rd - Chris Harris with a .1980

Don't have a clue how it's going today but I've been told the forcast was for widely scattered bullets oh correction to that widely scattered showers..............Ian

you would think in todays world that we should have a match by match results or even a live feed after every relay. it is like a big secret and pulling teeth to get info. Would luv to know who won todays 200 yd and the HV grand..

thanks for the info! Bills a great man.... any results for today or the HV grand?

Back