New 45X x 45mm Sightron with ED Glass

JDMock

I just received the above scope for testing and am impressed so far. It is light weight (20.5 oz.) and passed my initial "square" test with flying colors. As a matter of fact it was the best in this test of all scopes I have tested. Below is a picture of the 5 shots taken (with 40, 1/10th MOA clicks between each). The scope should sell for $900 - $1000 and it may represent a great buy. I will be testing it further. Good shooting...James

Not the only one

It’s been one day since James’s post. Am I the only one that missed the posted pictures? Am I too far out?

James, if you can put it on a 13.5 lb .30 cal rifle and wring it out over a month or two I would be interested if it continues to track and hold POI well. Thanks for the update.

Sorry about the missing picture, but the site would not accept my picture. I tried several times but to no avail. The picture is found on the 6mm BR webste however under the scope/optics section. Good shooting....James

A picture is worth a thousand steps.

Thanks Boyd. I still don't know why it would not post for me.
James, You cannot post pictures directly to this forum. You must go through an intermediate step of joining an outside site (photo bucket has been mentioned). Loadi your picture onto that site and then have them put the picture on this site. I am not sure why this must be done. I queried Homer about this but he said that it was not possible without doing this series of steps. For further info I would contact Jackie or Glen Chism. Tim

With respect... not correct.

James, You cannot post pictures directly to this forum. You must go through an intermediate step of joining an outside site (photo bucket has been mentioned). Loadi your picture onto that site and then have them put the picture on this site. I am not sure why this must be done. I queried Homer about this but he said that it was not possible without doing this series of steps. For further info I would contact Jackie or Glen Chism. Tim

For some reason, the forum software won’t allow attachments from certain browsers. For instance, I can’t upload from my windows 10 computer running Edge. But I can attach pictures directly from my iPad.

Attachments

• B0BB0279-2670-4EA1-947D-7E6C2ACB84A4.jpeg
    B0BB0279-2670-4EA1-947D-7E6C2ACB84A4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 733

This is what I did. Taking James' direction as to where he had posted the picture, I opened it, copied it, and pasted it onto my computer's desktop, then I started a post and scrolled down to manage attachments, and uploaded it to my post. I am familiar with third party image and video hosting having used it a lot, but I did not need to to post here. I was using Firefox.
Same image using Edge.

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
OK, I thought size mattered..... but I just attached a pic from my phone that's pretty dense and it went right thru.

hmm

20181225_132255.jpg

Well, looks like I was WRONG....a'gain

Also again, sorry James if this is polluting your thread. I'm just a lazybutt and was here and am using your thread as a playground.

I'll delete'm if you want

It looks as though the forum easily accepts up to near 5megs and that's enough for my incidental snaps so

I'll quit and get out of your hair ;)

edited to add...... and AGAIN I'm wrong. That 5megger came thru at under 2

so maybe the forum automatically resizes now.

Last edited:
Sheets...

And here I thought working with a lathe was Rocket science.

When I see one can use twist ties in a lathe turning operation there may be hope for me....

I may not be intimidated.....LOL

And here I thought working with a lathe was Rocket science.

When I see one can use twist ties in a lathe turning operation there may be hope for me....

I may not be intimidated.....LOL

Ohhh it gets better Calvin! That twist tie setup is THE CULMINATION of 5 yrs worth of different setups!

I've got machined copper pads, swiveling feet, cup supports, turned brass/copper rings, pennies, clips/holders/rings/brackets/jigs made from heavy gages of pure copper wire not to mention 20 experiments with aluminum rings/tabs/sheets/filets/shims......

That thang made of brake line and The Wife's tomater hanging twist wire roll is Da' BOMBE'!

Oh yeah...

Ohhh it gets better Calvin! That twist tie setup is THE CULMINATION of 5 yrs worth of different setups!

I've got machined copper pads, swiveling feet, cup supports, turned brass/copper rings, pennies, clips/holders/rings/brackets/jigs made from heavy gages of pure copper wire not to mention 20 experiments with aluminum rings/tabs/sheets/filets/shims......

That thang made of brake line and The Wife's tomater hanging twist wire roll is Da' BOMBE'!

give the True-Bore Alignment System a shot. I ain't never goin' back to that fussy stuff!

GsT

Back