NASCAR moving left on gun rights

I only "watch" a few races a year since Earnhart passed. Daytona & the night short track races. I parenthesis "watch" because I fall asleep before lap 20 & wake up with about 10 to go. "What a Good race!"
Do you mean NASCAR the sanctioning body or the teams themselves. There a several large sporting goods companies that sponsor the teams.
Please provide the links.
Keith

I only "watch" a few races a year since Earnhart passed. Daytona & the night short track races. I parenthesis "watch" because I fall asleep before lap 20 & wake up with about 10 to go. "What a Good race!"
Do you mean NASCAR the sanctioning body or the teams themselves. There a several large sporting goods companies that sponsor the teams.
Please provide the links.
Keith

Google it. Lots of stories. I first saw it on YouTube Colion Noirs nra site.

Nascar

It aint what used to be. Neither is baseball,football, or about any pro sport. They turned baseball into home run derby and football into all offense. Don't bite the hand that feeds ya. Doug

I gave up watching NFL games after some fifty plus years and haven't watched another one since they took a knee and disrespected this country. Switched over to Nascar and if what is now being reported turns out to be true I am done with that sport too.

Bass Pro

I guess that means, Bass Pro won't be sponsoring any teams now. They sell Guns. Going to lose a lot of fans over this.

nfl appears to have gone around the issue by NOT SHOWING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.
it appears nascar is now demcar and not part of my life.
i worked races from the late 60's to the late 90's...just a fading memory.

The2019 Bristol night race was Bass Pro/NRA.

2015 Bristol day race 160,000.Now 43,000.

2015 NASCAR said no Confederate flags and we want to welcome the LBGT community.

No more NASCAR for me!!!!

The2019 Bristol night race was Bass Pro/NRA.

2015 Bristol day race 160,000.Now 43,000.

2015 NASCAR said no Confederate flags and we want to welcome the LBGT community.

No more NASCAR for me!!!!

So it appears that Nascar accepted NRA money, held the nra sponsored night race at Bristol on Aug. 17...and then made this announcement days later.

Seems to be true and actually quite sad so I am done with Nascar. They have the right to choose their own destiny as do I and all of you.

My Daddy done tol' me...... "you give the devil an inch, he'll take a mile."

My Momma put it this way, "give 'em your little finger, they'll take your whole hand."

Kaeperdink takes a knee and folks want to "discuss it"....Nike jumps on the wagon and people "talk about it."

I'm waiting for the day more "men" stand up on their hind feet and say "ENOUGH!"

We've been pandering to these useless bigots for too long.

Are we adults?

Do we KNOW what we believe, and WHY?

THANK YOU those of you who've chosen a position, taken a stand, taken action......

Please help me to convince others to "vote with your feet" and take your business elsewhere when a sporting institution waffles on 2A rights, pick another sport when the PC crowd gets their way, take the money and go shoot another discipline somewhere's! Buy another gun.....

This ain't about hunting.

Does NASCAR

think the brie and caviar crowd will support them? Well, if they switch to all electric racers they might. But, how is the electricity generated? No, the brie and caviar crowd will NOT support them. If the libs get the guns, the dirty, exhaust belching racers are next on the agenda. I hate to admit the fact that this country is quickly becoming polarized, with not much tolerance for the others opinion. I guess we just need to choose which side we are on?

.........I hate to admit the fact that this country is quickly becoming polarized, with not much tolerance for the others opinion. I guess we just need to choose which side we are on?

It's not "becoming polarized".... it's being FORCED to be more honest.

Read history, we've always been polarized. Absolutely nothing has ever changed between the conservatives and the liberals here nor in England nor anywhere since the inception of our free society.

THIS is exactly why my tag line is "oft dis'd member"

This is why I warn folks up front, "I WILL soon make you mad"...... "I WILL "p!$$ you off soon, just warning you!"..... because life has taught me that most people absolutely REFUSE to take a stand, REFUSE to actually figure out who they are and what they want, instead waffling through life like a chameleon constantly changing colors to suit each situation..... constantly trying to "just get along with everybody" and lying to themselves and everyone around them......and I won't countenance it.

For the first time in my life I actually have a real hope that people are being forced to take sides.

Thanks to one thing.

Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is the single best thing this stupid populace has been exposed to in many, many years. He comes from a world where decisions must be and will be made.

I just pray that the stupid "conservatives" that work to advise him are actual conservatives not just typical selfish political animals. People laugh at The Donald for listening to Rush Limbaugh and Lars Larson but this is his way of staying in touch with the people, with what real people want and need.

I've said for 40yrs and I'll say it again more than ever..... I think we're too STUPID to keep our gun rights intact. We're too bloody STUPID as a people to take the time to actually understand why and for what and how carefully our Constitution was crafted. The Second Amendment is very simple, very solid and very clear for a reason. Because our founders were perfectly aware that "if this thing works, if America actually WORKS AS PLANNED..... life will become so good the STUPID PEOPLE, the losers, the "have nots" will wreck it."

And THIS is why we can't have good things

They should have stayed out of it on one hand they proudly proclaim to support our troops and they were doing a pretty good job of it. And now on the other hand they won't support those who are making the firearms that give these same troops a much better fighting chance for them to make it back home alive. The are also and just as importantly made to be used to support a well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State. And now Nascar has simply sided with those who want to take this and our constitutional right away. They should be embracing those who were wanting to support it not destroy it and it will eventually become their own demise.

Just heard Walmart is stoping guns and ammunition sales.

Mort

Last edited:
Just handguns and related ammunition. Rifles and Shotguns for Hunting purposes will still be sold excluding AR's and others in like kind.

Back