NASCAR moving left on gun rights

Might add thanks to Dick's Sporting Goods and now Walmart. Gun Shops in my area are once again doing extremely well and even to the point of having Gunsmiths on hand. There was time when we had none left in town so it's actually more of a good thing than not.

Agree 100%

Lou

Glad it works for some folks. For Walmart it's a political stunt.

Mort

Since they are not going to sell handgun ammo anymore after inventory is depleted, does that mean the will not sell .22 RF ammo? See the BS in all this??

Lou

Glad it works for some folks. For Walmart it's a political stunt.

Mort

After ole Sam died, the hierarchy at Walmart went totally Chinese. They unemployed multitudes of US workers by having cheap crap made in China and undercutting every mom and pop business in small towns over the Country.

Of course, the consumers love it. Their lard asses get to ride around on carts in their mumu's and flip flops and support China's economy.

I do not shop at Walmart.

I see that a couple that was wonded at the Texas Wal-mart shooting has sued them. For what? Failing to protect them?

I think that Wal-mart's decision about ammo was due to fear of lawsuits, but it may also be a publicity stunt aimed at looking like they are "doing something".

I personally am rethinking why I need Wal-mart for anything. It's not like they have the best goods in any category. I had the same impression of Dick's, so when they dissed sportsmen with their anti-gun positions, it was easy to just write them off. I have not set foot in a Dick's since.

I am glad that the small independent stores are seeing more business.

In Idaho there are car dealerships that give away Reminton 870 shot guns on purchase of a car. They are not catering to liberals....you gotta love it. I sure do.

Mort

NASCAR started their (off track) left turn several years ago when France III kowtowed to Jesse Jackson to the tune of $250,000 cash and the Drive to Diversity programs. Didn't know they were still in business.

NASCAR started their (off track) left turn several years ago when France III kowtowed to Jesse Jackson to the tune of $250,000 cash and the Drive to Diversity programs. Didn't know they were still in business.

I think we all can pick our favorite times when we saw an American Institution bend leftwards...... Jackie cites Walmart, you say "when France III kowtowed to Jesse Jackson" where I use the term "pandering to the bigots" but they all point to the same problem....which is US

WE, as in OUR GENERATION have failed to recognize and stop this sort of stuff early and more importantly we have failed utterly to pass on solid mores, values and abilities to our young. We look at these "millenials" with wonder..... but few of us stop to think, "WE MADE THEM!" We made them by dropping the value system of our forebears. We, as in my generation, send our kids off to college to make ourselves feel good. We've made college into a "guilt tax" where the more we spend the more we can say "well, I did all I could".... "we gave our children every advantage" ..... "it's not OUR fault" ......

Nope, it's OUR stupid fault. And it's time for us, for we, for those of us who can RECOGNIZE the problem to fix it. From the ground up, we've got to fix it.... We're the last generation of people who've seen both sides. Our kids don't even know what it's like to have "esprit de corp" or "patriotism" nor to feel the endorphin rush of achievement and growth. These kids today are being told they already have a voice, they already "matter" and they're already equal to society's call....

When I was a kid my parents recognized that I was A CHILD, therefore unable to make good decisions.... I wasn't given any credence. Nowadays we've got the collective opinions of groups of school children being used to make government policy decisions. And we stand by and let them do it. Not only do we stand by but most of us wonder quietly if "maybe they're right, maybe gun control IS the answer".... this is the part, one of the parts, I call "stupid!"

WE have made all of these choices. Now it's time for US to fix them.... this is how the real world works.

Or doesn't.

The choice is ours to make.

Fix it is easy to say I worked for our largest School District 43 sites and there is no changing the School Boards minds they are the Left. Educators no longer have a part in running the District they all now have Business degrees and it's all about the money and not education.

I was buying gun stuff before Walmart was selling it.

From what I have read about the Walmart policy is that they have asked their customers not to come into Walmart stores caring guns in the open carry mode. This was after the shooting in the El Paso store and after a nut was stopped in the parking lot at another store trying to walk in with an AR styled rifle on his hip. This policy does not include law officers. I see no problem at all with that. Their choice to sell or not to sell certain items is also theirs to make. It doesn't affect my 2nd amendment rights or yours in the least. Frankly, I do not like to shop at Walmart anyway because their stores are just too large. I buy my gun stuff at my local gun stores or on line anyway. I respect their right to operate their stores as they think best, after all, this is America. If I ever need something they have, and I cannot find it somewhere else, I will shop there.

Concho Bill

Last edited:
Fix it is easy to say I worked for our largest School District 43 sites and there is no changing the School Boards minds they are the Left. Educators no longer have a part in running the District they all now have Business degrees and it's all about the money and not education.

We've been on the school boards. My Dad was on the school board. And in the last 20yrs we've moved from the public school system to private school, then "Christian School" and now, for the last 5 yrs to home school.

It's WORK raising effectual kids.

After ole Sam died, the hierarchy at Walmart went totally Chinese. They unemployed multitudes of US workers by having cheap crap made in China and undercutting every mom and pop business in small towns over the Country.

Of course, the consumers love it. Their lard asses get to ride around on carts in their mumu's and flip flops and support China's economy.

I do not shop at Walmart.

This should be required reading for everyone, whether they shop at Wal-Mart or not. -Al

Wal-Mart: The High Cost Of Low Prices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmnBbUjsPs

This should be required reading for everyone, whether they shop at Wal-Mart or not. -Al

Wal-Mart: The High Cost Of Low Prices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmnBbUjsPs

I don't have the words..... I can't even BEGIN to describe how revolting I find all this anti-business propaganda so I'll just go on record as saying "watched it, read it, live it every day ... meh, don't agree with the vid, on any level"

(see, I done TOL' YA'S I'd manage to p!$$ of all y'all's given time ;) )

I AM CONSERVATIVE

I AM A CAPITALIST

sorry if that offends you

What's the big deal?
Wallyworld asks that you don't walk around in their stores with a gun on your hip where everybody can see it, looking like a cowboy. No problem. Concealed carry.
IMHO, the only person that should have a gun on their hip (with a badge next to it) is a LEO.
The LEO are the ones with a target on their backs anyway.
Don't like the way Wallyworld does business? Don't shop there.
Don't like the store policy? Don't shop there.
Funny how Wallyworld was the best thing since sliced bread when you could go in and buy a gun cheaper than any place else.
Now? They're worse than ANYTHING ELSE could ever be.:rolleyes:
Bottom line? Wallyworld is in it for the MONEY. That's the American Way.:cool:

Last edited:
I don't have the words..... I can't even BEGIN to describe how revolting I find all this anti-business propaganda so I'll just go on record as saying "watched it, read it, live it every day ... meh, don't agree with the vid, on any level"

(see, I done TOL' YA'S I'd manage to p!$$ of all y'all's given time ;) )

I AM CONSERVATIVE

I AM A CAPITALIST

sorry if that offends you

Not offended in the least. :) -Al

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Last edited:
Not offended in the least. :) -Al

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

THANK YOU my healthy midwestern namesake..... thank you

God Bless

Back