Most important

Flat top

In building a custom rifle for benchrest what do you some of the most important things that needs to be included in the build
just trying to learn

A little more info would be helpful. Are you interested in full on competition or informal shooting? What distances are you most interested in?

I had one built last year. I would say that everything is important when you are spending $4,000 on a rifle. That includes the action, barrel, trigger, stock and smith to put everything together. I`m not trying to be a S.A., but these are the things I considered when I had mine built. Also, check out the equipment list on the various web sites such as ARA, PSL and IR 50/50 to see what`s being used by the winners.

do a lot of on line searching in the actual sport you plan on shooting in. then go to a match or two. then start thinking about a build.

I’m thinking rite now F class just try to gain a little equipment knowledge so I could have a few questions lined up before I go to watch a match and ask questions or search on internet

Guarantee if you go to a benchrest match they will help you, they will let you shoot their guns, (not all will of course) and might even sell you one of their guns after you shoot it. These are a great bunch of guys, but you have to engage with them, most are quite and shy. That makes them seem standoffish but they are not, just humble and quite. Shooting benchrest tends to make you humble. :)

Guarantee if you go to a benchrest match they will help you, they will let you shoot their guns, (not all will of course) and might even sell you one of their guns after you shoot it. These are a great bunch of guys, but you have to engage with them, most are quite and shy. That makes them seem standoffish but they are not, just humble and quite. Shooting benchrest tends to make you humble. :)
Yes I’m sure they would, but right now I would as dumb as a box of rocks on knowing what to ask. That why I ask here so I could speck the lingo There. Just like I would know what say to gunsmith. I got some the info I was hoppy far on another site

Just go to a match, anywhere and ask questions... just so you know 99% of the shooters are more than willing to help a new guy out. But be careful, equate them with crack dealers... lol

Just go to a match, anywhere and ask questions... just so you know 99% of the shooters are more than willing to help a new guy out. But be careful, equate them with crack dealers... lol
That’s what I was thinking trying to learn enough to be able to turn on filter to stop the “just talk” and absorb the good stuff

i am not sure if you are a spammer or asking questions, but your process is sideways. this is a benchrest forum, and you are talking PRONE shooting..it aint the same. again the best is to GO TO A MATCH AND ASK QUESTIONS.

i am not sure if you are a spammer or asking questions, but your process is sideways. this is a benchrest forum, and you are talking PRONE shooting..it aint the same. again the best is to GO TO A MATCH AND ASK QUESTIONS.
Thanks, excuse my ignorance
best I remember someone was calling you a spammer few days ago.

Hi,

The NBRSA has on its website a mentor program. Hopefully one is in your neck of the woods. They are more than willing to help you learn and ask any questions you may have about rifles, reloading and shooting . They will let you shoot their rifles so you can get a first hand experience of what things to look for that make an accurate rifle.

Hi,

The NBRSA has on its website a mentor program. Hopefully one is in your neck of the woods. They are more than willing to help you learn and ask any questions you may have about rifles, reloading and shooting . They will let you shoot their rifles so you can get a first hand experience of what things to look for that make an accurate rifle.
he is asking about PRONE shooting not BENCH shooting......

Back