Just curious:

Pete Wass

What is the correct way to pronounce the word ogive, as some say? Is it the way it's spelled' 0-gi-ve or o-jive? It's the little things in life that matter most :)

... and a large perambulating Australian bird is an "em-ewe" not an "e-moo", but who cares because they're too bloody big to fit into the average domestic oven.

Ojive Smojive,

Who cares about Ojive... How about Reticule or Reticle? Does Premier have it wrong?

Paul

lapua you say - -

lap-wa is what I have sometimes heard from across the pond and a dealer I use to buy some "Exotic" for the times from. I have not heard the Euporean pronounciation of Viht

3 more for you

Pro is a Latin preposition meaning for. It is the opposite of contra, which is very frequently abbreviated to con, another preposition.
Contra is a Latin preposition meaning "against". It is very frequently abbreviated to con

Progress is a forward movement

A N D

we wonder why its called the US CONgress:eek::D

Sch is most often pronounced sh like a shilling
so then school should be pronounced shool
but our esteemed educators decided it would be pronounced skool

Hot water heater?????
who needs to heat hot water?

My Dad always pronounced Wash as Warsh. We always wondered where he got the R from. Then we realized that he pronounced Orange as Oinge. Now we know where he got the R.

Matt Guthrie

Ojive Smojive,

Who cares about Ojive... How about Reticule or Reticle? Does Premier have it wrong?

Paul

Reticle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A reticle is a net of fine lines or fibers in the eyepiece of a sighting device, such as a telescope, a telescopic sight, a microscope, or the screen of an ...

Also Wilkipedia
2.reticule - a network of fine lines, dots, cross hairs, or wires in the focal plane of the eyepiece of an optical instrument
graticule, reticle

I was talking to the Leupold factory a few years ago and asked the correct way to say Leupold and they told me "loopold" I hear leopold all the time. They ain't no leo in Leupold. :rolleyes: I know, I flunk English for today!

Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Back