Jackie Schmidt Sets New HV 100 World Record .1118 AGG At Midland With 30BR!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS....Jackie....I am also a dedicated 30BR fan...I wish I could steer it as good as it will shoot...looks like you have a firm grip on the steering wheel of yours..:D

Eddie in Texas

It's been tough

to hold back from commenting BUT, after all these years of hearing all this BS about the PPC and the ridicule from those who are well beyond being PPC fans, well, what can one kindly say at this point?

Many of us have known for a very long time what a Lazer was. We have had them to use for a very long time. It simply took someone good enough with big enough Gonads to show the World what a lazed can do. Congratulations for having them Jackie. You put on one heck of a Clinic.

Pete Wass

Last edited:
From a lowly score shooter in Maine, great shooting!! I will be interested in your rundown once you get home and settled in and have time to give us all a detailed report. Tks --Greg

Jackie, congratulations on a pending record. You now have done did it, the bar has been raised to a whole new level.

Congratulations Jackie!

Congratulations Jackie on an awesome accomplishment. It was a treat to watch you shoot these groups and keep your cool. No body ever deserved a good Champagne bath any more than you. :D

Joe

30BRloadingarea.jpg
Pete, oh yes! Wonder of the guy who made it does? Then, year after at Mainville, the 30BR loading room sign on the outhouse? Man that was funny!!

Well now, I could really say a lot right now concerning the continuing argument between 6mm and 30 cal, but I bit my tongue completely off. All I have to say is congratulations Jackie, and I'm certain we'll be talking about this one for a while. Regardless of how your targets hold up upon further measurement, the odds of shooting such a small agg. with a 30 are stacked against us since there are simply fewer shooters in number compared to the 6mm shooters. Now I don't suggest that all 6mm shooters have a 30 built, but I do suggest that more VFS shooters start attending more group shoots. If Jackie had not decided to shoot his 30BR, I seriously doubt he would be looking at the world record right now, and even if he would have shot as well with his 6mm, he still wouldn't have accomplished it with a 30.

Good shooting, Michael

Congrats on the awesome achievement, Jackie! Also, thanks for contributing so much to this public community! Your insight and knowledge is extremely valuable to up and coming shooters. Keep up the splendid contributions!

Well you know Jackie had to have a lot of faith in his 30cal when he sold off such a big lot of 6mm bullets last week. Problem is 30cal bullets are already hard enough to come by Michael. If everyone starts to build a 30BR it will have years to get a lot of custom 30 cal bullets. I guess I had better go ahead and place next years order..... Never meet you in person Jackie, but way to shoot. That kind of an aggs makes us rookies think twice about entering this sport. Lows 1s hard to come by. 5 of them in a row is impossible....... well almost... Luck, Tim

All that great shooting and from a guy that is willing to share all and any tidbit of information about anything to anybody. No one deserves it more than" Rappin Jack"!!!!!

Donald

New Record

Well now, I could really say a lot right now concerning the continuing argument between 6mm and 30 cal, but I bit my tongue completely off. All I have to say is congratulations Jackie, and I'm certain we'll be talking about this one for a while. Regardless of how your targets hold up upon further measurement, the odds of shooting such a small agg. with a 30 are stacked against us since there are simply fewer shooters in number compared to the 6mm shooters. Now I don't suggest that all 6mm shooters have a 30 built, but I do suggest that more VFS shooters start attending more group shoots. If Jackie had not decided to shoot his 30BR, I seriously doubt he would be looking at the world record right now, and even if he would have shot as well with his 6mm, he still wouldn't have accomplished it with a 30.

Good shooting, Michael

Jackies record breaking agg probably would have never happened had his new 6ppc not spit a shot on the 4th target of the LV 100 match Sat morning. The flyer knocked him down from 3rd to 10th place in the standings. Jackie had plans to compete in both LV and HV with the 6 but the flyer prompted Jackie to "make a change" to the venerable 30BR in following HV 100 and setting the stage for his historic run at the HV 100 world record! The rest is history. Way to go Champ!!! ;)

Last edited:
Record

For the sake of competition and other shooters ego let us just hope Jackie will keep buying those cheep $25 barrels and doesnt start buying any $300 match barrels :):D

For those of us that shoot group with a 30, it should come as no surprise that an agg like this was possible. Heck, I've shot agg's in that same neighborhood in practice, and been a couple bullets from a .12XX" in registered competition. What is shocking about the agg is the margin that Jackie won by. Conditions were obviously difficult considering that the next place was .14XX" back. Thats the AMAZING part of this story. Congrats to Jackie on a phenomenal accomplishment.

Hal D.,

you are correct.

As I told Shelly four years ago, sooner or later, you must learn to shoot!!!

Congratulations Jackie! I've been sitting here for thirty minutes trying to comprehend just how incredible that agg is.

I've never met you in person, but your willingness to help others in this sport, here on the forums, and via phone, speaks volumes. I recall how much advice you gave me when I built the 30 PPC, and I share in the excitement you must be feeling now. What an awesome display!

Mike

Back