Is this sport expensive?

I shot bench here in Australia back in the late sixties when both equipment & technique was in its infancy.

What keeps me from considering it now is not the initial equipment costs, but the expense needed in both time and ammunition needed to come up to speed with 21st century performance levels.

I shot bench here in Australia back in the late sixties when both equipment & technique was in its infancy.

What keeps me from considering it now is not the initial equipment costs, but the expense needed in both time and ammunition needed to come up to speed with 21st century performance levels.

Look around for a used rifle.

Folks leave the sport fr numerous reasons.

While I have a Panda I had Kelbly build and a couple barrels (in different cartridges) now for live varmint shooting I also picked up a used Panda a few years ago for not all that much.

Just count on it needing a new barrel.

I am very satisfied with the first shot accuracy of both guns.

Most of the groundhogs have been shot at enough times they will be gone at the mere site of a person.
Longer shots are pretty standard.
I do not think I have had one under 250 yards in years.

I remember one race meeting

And I thought Enduro racing was expensive. It was AMA too but my YammyHammrr only cost about $4k.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFawKuSsVs

I remember at one race meeting for TFC's we rolled up with 5 engines and by the time we qualified and did the race we had one barely working one left. At 78K a piece it was an expensive meet. Then there was the broken suspension parts from the tyre shake, burned up clutches and two sets of tyres plus the 105 US gallons of nitro and we only finished third. So the following weekend when I went to a shoot at the range I burned up powder, primers, bullets and barrels with a different perspective.

Back