Gross hunting tip for the rut!

G

gt40

Saw this post on another site. Might be fun to see where it goes?

I have a good buddy of mine who has shared this gross tip to use in the rut, but i haven't tried it yet, and probably wont,(ill stick with tinks69) but he takes his wives old pads/tampons and hangs them wherever he is hunting, and i kid you not, he kills more big bucks than anybody i know every single year. has anybody ever heard of this? has anyone tried it? i think ill pass on the tip but i was just wondering if he's the only nut who does it....

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

This may be the first time in my life that I am at a total loss for words. :eek:

What's wrong with corn feeders?

I heard that 50 years ago when I was a teenager and it was gross then too.

I think it says more about new hunters than buck deer.

Concho Bill

Pheromones are Pheromones

There are sub conscience scents that mamals produce that are picked up by the orafactory glands and transmitted to the brain. This is how mamals that don't communicate by sound or body language communicate. Some of the higher level mamals communicate by multiple senses.

An example is when a female dog goe in to heat she produces a scent tha blows thought the air and is picked up by male dogs miles away.

There are human perfumes that utalize pheromones. They generally are expensive and are advertised as sexual atractants.

Deer are no exception they communicate by sent markers. IE: scrapes, and rubs. Male deer communicate by the scent in their tarsal glands, orbital glands and pedial glands. Don't kid yourself the deer know each other and they know when a stranger deer comes into their ecosystem.

Deer are very instinctive they can smell 800 times better than humans. They also are very curious creatures. If they smell a new smell that is not associated with danger they will check it out.

Nat Lambeth

Personally, when I'm out hunting, I don't want anything around that could conceivably remind me of my wife. She can be a real pain...last year, when I got back from a Canadian black bear hunt, I was mad at her. I walked in the door, and started ripping her a$$ because she didn't pack my thermal socks...she told me they were in my gun case...:D

OK you guys are way to sophisticated. You ought to be able to give better responses than these. ;)

gt40

Sportsmanship

That tip might work but I wouldn't consider any more sporting than leaving out corn laced with cyanide or planting a land mine for the deer to step on.

Once new a guy that used fresh tampons to put his tinks on and then hang them from trees, at least I thought they were fresh ones and I thought it was tinks...........:confused:

Dont know about deer but when I lived in Mammoth Calif. in about 1966, there was a gov. trapper who claimed he could catch any male lion with a used kotex

just thinking, if this works on deer, you young guys are in luck but what about us old guys who's wives are past this stage, how in the world could you ever get away with asking some young one for her used stuff? Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I could never do it.

just thinking, if this works on deer, you young guys are in luck but what about us old guys who's wives are past this stage, how in the world could you ever get away with asking some young one for her used stuff? Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I could never do it.

Old hunters need to get young mistresses. :D

gt40

PS: For good answers take a look here: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=474442 :eek:

You'se guys are weird!

"gross??" What's that mean. People have been doing this for at least 30yrs to my knowledge, not exactly a hot tip..... as Nat said, pheromones is pheromones.

al

fine for littering

Well, be very carefull, a game warden might fine you for littering. you of
course can plead not guilty, in which case you will have a hearing and
the evidence will be brought in. Your wifes bingo money may be at stake
here, so of course she will attend the hearing. This of course could make
the nightly news. Being of an understanding nature, all your buddy's will
support your efforts, but everyone else will call you a pervert. If you voted
for the current administration, you only have one strike left.

Bob,

What's the risk of cutting out the risk & just tethering your wife out there when she's feeling poorly then?

John

Obviously "pack it in, pack it out" rules apply here as much as elsewhere ...... and if you're he sort of city boy who thinks things are "gross"...... then this might be "double gross" for you :rolleyes:

Ughh Ughhh

In defense of Kielly's idea'r...if ya' just tethered the ol' lady she SHOULD be able to walk out on her own.... :D

al

Well guys, to start with you don't ask the wife for them, you ask the bar maid at the local bar. Just funnin, but I did know a guy that did use them. And i remember a time that I took my Ex wife to Mammoth Cave Park this was back when they had some deer fenced in and it was her time of the month. Well she wanted pet one of those bucks, I tell you what that buck did as good of a job of getting in her panties as i did. Its a good thing we were close th gate.

Back