Gary Sinclair Super Bag group order

Fergus Bailey

Back in the days that Edgewood offered custom bags, they developed a bag for Gary Sinclair which was based on their Super Bag (now discontinued by Edgewood) which had a unique feature of having the ears sown onto the back of the bag on a downward sloping section.

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, I want to by one of these unobtainium bags, and Edgewood have agreed to make them for a minimum run of 12 units. So I am hoping to find another 11 people who also want one of these. I know there is some pent up demand since these features are not available on any other bag, and the bags have not been produced for a number of years.

Anyhow, the cost will be $175 plus shipping for the bag. Once I have got the required number of shooters, you will be contacted by Edgewood and directly pay any money to them. If you are interested, please PM me with your name and email address, and I will build up a list.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a photo of this bag, and Edgewood cant provide one, so if anyone has a photo, please feel free to post it to the thread.

You mean this one?
All%20pictures%20from%20old%20computer%20185.jpg

All%20pictures%20from%20old%20computer%20186.jpg

They are very nice, I have 3 of them, one problem though they rock as the bottom leather may be too good a quality, if you place a spacer under them they will be fine, (just hang them upside down once in a while to reform the flat botom)

also you may wish to find out whether or not they will contain the (greatest invention known to man) EXTRA FLAT INSERT UNDER THE EARS (used to be $7 I think) as this helps immensely

ALSO THEY WILL BE 3 1/4 HIGH (as opposed to 4 inch on the original order as I sold a 4 inch and then they did not make them anymore, also the nice maker was not what I would call overly enthusiastic about a second run at that time so please take heed and order lots as this may be your last time as I previously thought)

if it does (even if $7 more) I am in for 1 in blue or green and make sure they are the 1/2 inch flat for the new stocks as I am sure they are

maybe contact lester and see if he can bring 3 dozen to the super shoot and sell them for 200 beans (OR ANYONE ELSE COULD DO SO) FREE ENTERPRISE IN THIS TIGHT ECONOMY ok what say you resellers out there, then we save on shipping and spend it on profits for the risk takers, if no shipping I would pay 200 beans for 2 at the SS

Jefferson

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the days that Edgewood offered custom bags, they developed a bag for Gary Sinclair which was based on their Super Bag (now discontinued by Edgewood) which had a unique feature of having the ears sown onto the back of the bag on a downward sloping section.

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, I want to by one of these unobtainium bags, and Edgewood have agreed to make them for a minimum run of 12 units. So I am hoping to find another 11 people who also want one of these. I know there is some pent up demand since these features are not available on any other bag, and the bags have not been produced for a number of years.

Anyhow, the cost will be $175 plus shipping for the bag. Once I have got the required number of shooters, you will be contacted by Edgewood and directly pay any money to them. If you are interested, please PM me with your name and email address, and I will build up a list.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a photo of this bag, and Edgewood cant provide one, so if anyone has a photo, please feel free to post it to the thread.

Count me in if he will do the slightly higher 4" version. I have used one from his "last" last run, and find that it is not high enough for some ranges that I shoot.

Jim

i had one and sold it simply because i found it to darn big. I couldnt get my right arm around it very well. Some part of my body was always rubbing up against it moving the rifle around. Very high quality for sure but way to big of a foot print for my body shape. JMHO!! Lee

Jefferson and Jim

Thanks for the interest. I will confirm the questions and let you know.

Re a bulk dealer order, I agree this seems like a logical approach. I did ask, but there was no interest in a dozen, let alone more.

Sorry for the delay in updating this. I have had a very positive response from Edgewood, who confirm:

• Bags will be built on a SuperBag base.
  • The 'regular' body height of a Gary Sinclair is halfway between our Standard 3 1/4" and a Tall 4" (about 3 5/8"), but we can offer either that 'Gary Sinclair' height or a 3 1/4" Standard or 4" Tall - customer's choice.
  • Ear height choices are 1 1/2" or 2", but the ears will be the 4" x 4" base of the original Gary Sinclair. And yes, they do have that extra piece of leather under the ear base.
  • Stitch width can be whatever spread needed. Our "basics" are 3/16", 3/8" or 3/4", but, again, they can state what width they want. Best way to determine is to measure the width of the stock where it will ride in the ears, subtract 1/8" and use that as your width.
  • Colors - refers to Cordura - Black, Red, Navy or Green

Since Edgewood is doing everything they reasonably can to make this order work, I would be keen to see a few more people jump on. At this stage I only have the posts from Jefferson and Jim, but I hope there is more interest out there.

Great guys. Keep those orders coming. I am thinking of getting bags in both heights, so we only need 6 more people for the order to proceed.

Do these bags work well with the low profile stocks like Scoville or Leonard stocks?

I got in for 2
questions do we order from barbara after it is a go,

did you contact gary sinclair to see if he would buy a dozen and bring to the ss and sell for 200 or more may haelp him pay for his gas, that way I would get through him, just a thought as i have lost gary's address

Jeff

You can e-mail Barbara at Edgewood and give her specifics > color, ear height, bag height and spread between ears. Ordering is not as simple as it use to be > too many damn choices.

Back