Gary Sinclair Super Bag group order

Great guys. We have hit our minimum needed for the order. I will email Barber on Monday to confirm who she has details for, so we can move this forward. If anyone else still wants to join-in, there will be a couple of days yet to get involved before we finalise the details.

Also, I want to take the opportunity to thank Jack Snyder. Given that Jack finds the bags difficult to make, and no longer offers them, he has been very enthusiastic about supporting this order and has offered all the options we have asked for. Also Barbara has been very accommodating getting the order going and managing all the questions needed to make this happen.

Just placed my order for 2 bags, the only thing nicer than edgewood products is Barbara, or is it the other way around ??? :confused:

Jefferson

Its back!

Hi Guys. I know a few people here in Australia interested in a Gary Sinclair rear bag since I got mine a year or so back. I have spoken to Edgewood and they have agreed to do another run. If anyone is interested, please post here and let me know. You can either give me your details by PM and I will forward them on, or you can talk to Barbara directly. Just please flag your interest here so I know the overall numbers. I need to confirm price and will post back here with that once I know it. As per last time, payment will be directly to Edgewood. Specs for the bags that are available are:

Body Heights:
3 1/4"
3 5/8"
4"

Ear Heights:
1 1/2"
2"

Ear Spreads:
3/8"
3/4"

Colors:
Black
Red
Navy
Green

Once I find somewhere to host pictures, I will add some photos of the bag.

Its back!

Hi Guys. I know a few people here in Australia interested in a Gary Sinclair rear bag since I got mine a year or so back. I have spoken to Edgewood and they have agreed to do another run. If anyone is interested, please post here and let me know. You can either give me your details by PM and I will forward them on, or you can talk to Barbara directly. Just please flag your interest here so I know the overall numbers. I need to confirm price and will post back here with that once I know it. As per last time, payment will be directly to Edgewood. Specs for the bags that are available are:

Body Heights:
3 1/4"
3 5/8"
4"

Ear Heights:
1 1/2"
2"

Ear Spreads:
3/8"
3/4"

Colors:
Black
Red
Navy
Green

Once I find somewhere to host pictures, I will add some photos of the bag.

Fergus,
Count me in for 1 w/ the following specs.....4", 1 1/2" ears, 3/8" spread. Red Cordura.

David

Thanks David.

We only need another 4 bag ordered to hit the minimum quantity, so I am hoping we should be able to get this going within a few days.

Fergus, I also would take one of these bags. I have sent you a PM. Just need to know what to do..

Roland

Just let me know. Will they be done in time for the Super Shoot? Are you coming to the S/S?

Hi David

I haven’t discussed timing yet with Barbara, but last time the order was made & shipped within about 2 weeks after it was finalised, which I thought was an excellent turn around. I will confirm an estimate with Edgewood once I have final numbers for them.

I REALLY wanted to get to the SS this year, it being the 40th and all. But unfortunately I can’t make the dates work. Right now I am thinking next year might be the year.

Is this bag/ear designed to allow the butt stock to settle down to the bottom of the bag and not rest up on the ears? It looks more "U" shaped than a conventional style.

Lee,
These pictures are of Gary Sinclair's bag, taken at Visalia.
Allpicturesfromoldcomputer185.jpg

Allpicturesfromoldcomputer186.jpg

Thats the bag i thought it was. I had one a few years back,. I sold it because i couldn't get my stubby arms around the big darn thing, and i could get comfortable on the trigger. The rifle tracked excellent though. Lee

Is this bag/ear designed to allow the butt stock to settle down to the bottom of the bag and not rest up on the ears? It looks more "U" shaped than a conventional style.

I think this may be because of the leather ears, tough can not be sure. The section between the ears takes the shape of the butt pretty quickly. I will try to get a few photos of how the rifle butt sits in my bag tomorrow when I go to the range.

Thats the bag i thought it was. I had one a few years back,. I sold it because i couldn't get my stubby arms around the big darn thing, and i could get comfortable on the trigger. The rifle tracked excellent though. Lee

Lee,

I think you might have the "Gary Sinclair" bag confused with the standard Super Bag. The whole point of the GS bag design is to eliminate the portion of the bag behind the butt of the rifle so you CAN get your arm around it and get to the trigger comfortably.

Ryan

Ryan
you may be right. its been a few years since i had that bag. i was just getting started when i had that bag. i didnt know to much about anything at that point. Still dont. LOL!!! Lee

Photos as promised. I should mention that the Gary Sinclair bag settles down and starts tracking on the bench better than the other rear bags I have used in the past. I can give pretty gentle taps to the butt to settle it into place, where other bags needed the stock to be knocked in more solidly to avoid vertical settling after the first few shots. The below pictures show my Scarborough stock sitting in the bag slightly further forward than I would normally actually shoot it (ie the butt has a little less hanging off the bag in the pic than I would actually shoot with).

Last edited:
Thanks for the great pictures they tell the whole story.
Do many short range BR shooters allow the butt to ride on the bottom of the bag instead of supported up higher by the ears?
Thanks.

Back