Favorite movies?

No Country For Old Men

Pulp Fiction

I mean no disrespect but I find it interesting you like these movies.
Of all the movies I've seen, none ticked me off worse than the two you just mentioned! Totally pointless, plotless, incoherent messes that had WAY too much hype about them in the media. I walked out of the theater after an hour on Fiction, but wasted the entire 3 hours of Old men waiting for something to happen to tie it all together..............but it never happened. Not to mention the fact that the movie was unbelievable from the very first scene. If the goofy-haired killer was such a professional hitman that eluded capture so well, how in the *ell did that Gomer Pyle county sheriff catch him in the first place? Normally I like Tommy Lee Jones but he wasn't even in this movie. Actually, he was in a movie that was running at the same time as NCFOM, but one that had nothing to do with the other. What a waste of talent. Come to think of it, all of the Cohen Bros movies are like that.......turning great actors into a waste of money.
Sorry.:(

Last edited:

I just saw this movie for the first time last night. I guess it came out in 2009? I had no interest in seeing it when it first came out because it just looked like a CGI computer game version of somebody's LSD trip. Turns out I was correct! Kinda fun to watch but WOW, that must have been some good "stuff"!

I'll throw these in too.

I liked some of the air combat movies that actually maintained some of the historical points. The Battle of Britain, Memphis Belle, The Tuskegee Airmen, and lately, Red Tails. Some of the westerns with Tom Selleck, and of course Quigley Down Under.

Geary Koglin

Anything that Ginger Lynn stars in.
Pre- or post-comeback? :)

Seriously, in person she was as nice a girl as you'd ever want to meet back in the day but I haven't talked to her in a couple of decades, I guess. Wow, time really does fly faster and faster as we get old, doesn't it?

Recent war movies. Letters from Iwo Jima and War Horse

Best western. Butch Cassidy

Best gangster movie. Get Carter the 60's original version.

Best Sci Fi. Blade runner

Best comedy. Blazing Saddles

Best Rom/Com 4 Weddings and a Funeral

Best movie music. Blues Brothers and Oh Brother

Best musical. Oliver!

American Graffiti - best car movie and way too big an influence on my young life

ok trivia time....
city and high school the movie is based on ?
modesto hi class of 62?, modesto ca..but filmed in smaller towns ceres and other as modesto was too big by the time they filmed it
my mom graduated from there..lol about 20 yrs earlier.
i worked in modesto...the scene with the cop car with its rear axle chained...that car dealership is a big nissan( was datsun) dealership when the movie came out.
crusing is basically outlawed in town as it got way to big...but in 65 and 66 when i was there..it was there!
robert preston a grad of modesto high was two years ahead of my mom.....(star of "music man"---76 trombones)
for the new york premier of american grafitte, preston took my sister as his date.....yeah he is 2 yrs older than my mom and my sis is 3 yrs younger than me........
i learned to drive in modesto.....
the drag scene is paradise road....i lived just off of it on blue hueron....
yep its on my list!
now back to the movie........

The best gunfight movie: Open Range

Character Study - Good vs Evil: Hombre

For Old Men: Breezy

Ancient Love Story: Quest for Fire

Just feeling good: Second Hand Lion

Cowboys & Indians: Ulzana's Raid

Good Hunting... from Varmint Al
coyotel.gif

Best Western's.......

"Lonesome Dove"

"Wild Bunch"

Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns; Hang em High,Fist full of Dollars,FewDollars More. Also, "Joe Kidd" "Outlaw Josey Wales", High Plains Drifter"

War Movies........

"Von Ryans Express"-- Frank Sinatra

"The Train"---Burt Lancaster

" The bridge over the River Kwai"

Comedy.....

"Midnight Run"--Robert Deniro

Glenn

The Departed
To Live and Die in LA (great 80's movie)
The Wild Bunch
The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, Played with Fire, and Kicked a Hornets Nest (all the Swedish films in the extended versions.)
Silverado
Full Metal Jacket
Rush
Blood Simple (one the first Cohen Bros. films, quirky as usual)

Last edited:
The Blues Brothers
Monty Python - Holy Grail
The Big Lebowsky
Hard Boiled - Excellent John Woo film with LOTS of action
many others already mentioned
Batman Dark Knight
The Usual Suspects

I hardly ever see a movie until it is a re-run on television but the latest good movie I have seen is "the Book of Eli " with Denzel Washington.

Rodney

The best gunfight movie: Open Range

Really........?????????

Duvall played Duvall. (Lonesome Dove, Days of of Thunder etc)

Cosner played Cosner( Waterworld, Wyatt Erup, The Body Guard etc)

Mike Gambons Irish accent was hilarious. Check him out in The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover its the same character with out the dodgey accent.

Back