Favorite movies?

The homicidal maniac in 'No Country' was pretty well played. You wouldn't want someone like that trailing you.

One of the best acted scenes EVER was when the killer was in the country store giving the owner a very hard time and flipping a coin to see if he'd kill him. Pure genius.

The all-time best, absolutely great, totally wonderful movie of all time is "Out of Africa." Second best is "The English Patient." Third best is "Citizen Kane." Everything else is way, way far behind.

"Once upon a time in the West" I liked Woody Strode's short role at the beginning of the Movie. Fonda and Bronson were brillant.

"Race with the Devil" Peter Fonda and Warren Oates. Surprisingly good.

Glenn

Glenn, I wholeheartedly agree. " Once upon a time in the West" is a classic.I have the entire movie here and have watched it perhaps 7-8 times. There were so many good parts in that movie , and we can't forget to give Jason Robards his due credit as well.
The sound track was exceptional.

"Meet Joe Black". If there is a finer actor anywhere than Anthony Hopkins, I can't imagine who it might be. I've watched it as many times as the above mentioned.

The all-time best, absolutely great, totally wonderful movie of all time is "Out of Africa." Second best is "The English Patient." Third best is "Citizen Kane." Everything else is way, way far behind.

Vic,

Yup, I forgot that one TOO ! If you want to hear some fine and very differant music, get the movie soundtrack. I did.........

One of the best acted scenes EVER was when the killer was in the country store giving the owner a very hard time and flipping a coin to see if he'd kill him. Pure genius.

That was a good scene. Too bad the rest of the movie made no sense whatsoever.:confused::mad:

Heat.
Deniro, Pacino, together for the first time in cinematic history, sitting down at a table and having a cup of coffee together telling each other how they are gonna go down if they ever meet again...........

'nuff said!

Important Movie

You can download the Obama 2016 movie here in MP4 format (277Mb size). It will take a few minutes to download depending on your connection speed. I saved a copy of it from when it was on YouTube. The file is a zip file and can be unzipped after you down load it.
http://www.varmintal.net/file-in-mp4.zip
It is not my favorite movie, but the message is very important now.
Good Hunting... from Varmint Al
coyotel.gif

Last edited:
enemy at the gates... the original (feb 2001) ..... (and the possible remake in nov 2012...ouch)

what is infamous about the movie poster ??

mike in co

enemy at the gates... the original (feb 2001) ..... (and the possible remake in nov 2012...ouch)

what is infamous about the movie poster ??

mike in co

Isn't that that completely retarded "sniper" movie with the goofy mirror scenes and the culminating impossible "jumping acros't the opening" shot? Maybe I'm too picky but IMO keep the 007 stuff in the James Bond movies where it belongs, not in the supposedly historical ones. Now 'Defiance' I enjoyed. :)

with typical hollywood license it is a fact based account of a series of encounters of a top geman sniper brougt in to take out an up and comming russian sniper. the culmination is not the jumping shot but a waiting dual between the two.......and i will stop there.

mike in co

with typical hollywood license it is a fact based account of a series of encounters of a top geman sniper brougt in to take out an up and comming russian sniper. the culmination is not the jumping shot but a waiting dual between the two.......and i will stop there.

mike in co

Perhaps I should see it again.... :)

Meantime, Schindlers List and The Pianist were good war movies IMO

David Dowd, I thoroughly enjoyed Second Hand Lions, 'course I'm a bitofa' softy for the little Aspie star too, Haley Joel Osment makes any movie better just for being there.

Old War Movie Collectors/Enthusiasts

I'm Trying to locate an old war Movie "The Naked and the Dead" starring ,Cliff Robertson and Aldo Ray. Produced in 1958. One of my all time favorite war Movies. I've looked every where. It appears to be no longer available. Was wondering if somebody may have the DVD.

I heard it was recently aired on TV in Sidney Australia.

I would love to add this Movie to my Collection.

TIA

Glenn

I'm Trying to locate an old war Movie "The Naked and the Dead" starring ,Cliff Robertson and Aldo Ray. Produced in 1958. One of my all time favorite war Movies. I've looked every where. It appears to be no longer available. Was wondering if somebody may have the DVD.

I heard it was recently aired on TV in Sidney Australia.

I would love to add this Movie to my Collection.

TIA

Glenn
Try this www.viooz.co/movies/20999-the-naked-and-the-dead-1958.html

I just finished watching it, good WWll movie. I always did like Aldo Ray. He was in the movie The Green Berets with John Wayne in 1968.

Last edited:
Back