Cut Rifle 6 Grooves

T

tuna921

Shot my new Turbo sporter this weekend built by Gordon Eck ...

Rock Creek 6 Groove hand lapped and chambered for my new action in a Pippin stock ..

First target at Gateway a 248 second target a 247 consistent yes , more potential absolutely.First time I have ever put this new rifle in the bags and the winds were tricky as gateway always is ....

Heavy gun I shot a 245 248 249 250 all with a new 6 groove.....

Maybe some people already know they don't shoot but, I do know that's an opinion of one who knows it all already ....

I'm more then happy with the barrels and this comes from someone who uses them on the range and not the internet

Jim

Jim,
Be sure to keep us updated on the new 6 groove. The boy's at Rock Creek think it has a lot of potential. You seem to be off to a great start with unseasoned barrels.

Most encouraging, I'm heading down Monday to pick mine up, Gordon and Mel are happy.....I'm happy.

Well 3rd times a charm the new sporter shot it's first 250 today and so did I with a sporter......249 and 246 heavy gun at Palmetto .

Guess cut rifle barrels just don't work ......Wonder if I could bribe someone to fix them for me

Jim

Eck sporters - aren't they amazin' Jim? Is this your first sporter 250? I can tell ya, it won't be your last. Are going to bring your Rock Creeks to the IR50/50 Nationals? May I suggest that you name them "Heavy Cream" and "Light Cream"?

Eck sporters - aren't they amazin' Jim? Is this your first sporter 250? I can tell ya, it won't be your last. Are going to bring your Rock Creeks to the IR50/50 Nationals? May I suggest that you name them "Heavy Cream" and "Light Cream"?

First one after two years of trying and just my 3rd target with this new sporter ....

I will go only if Gordon is going to paint the winner .......:cool:

Dan is a lapping fool ........

First one after two years of trying and just my 3rd target with this new sporter ....

I will go only if Gordon is going to paint the winner .......:cool:

Dan is a lapping fool ........

Yeah, but for Gordon that would mean he'd bring a can of Benjamin Moore and throw it on ya. I'll skip that experience. I wish Gordon would consider coming to the Nationals to present the rifle he made, to be given away, in person. Hey Gordon, I'll have room for ya.

PS Gordon, glad to see you got your power back.

Tuna 250

Was that Turbo one of them 8 groove, buttoned, Mi,6 Ignition ,totaly blue printed,With a stock mounted scope,And a relaxed trigger ,Guns made by an Artist?

No MI or a 6 pin for me ......We went from 12 to 6 to 12 I'm getting confused ? No it was made by the cookie monster .......Good thing it's hot and they get sticky .

I think I'll name it "Unfounded Revelation"

Targets

A sporter and heavy gun target shot last weekend ....They shoot

2qkiidi.jpg

v75jqd.jpg

Interesting now a barrel making expert

I quoted from you above:

Friend Paul, it's Art.....

Deltronic pins, or any kind of bore gage, won't tell you anything about waxed, lead bullet accuracy.....

My friend, are you serious about building waxed, lead bullet rimfire barrels?

If you are, deltronic pins, or amy kind of bore measurement instrument, will tell you nothing...

Again, are you serious about building waxed, rimfire, "cut rifled" barrels?

I have my standard consulting fee......

My opinion after a lot of hard work by Rock Creek barrels and Gordon Eck working with them to produce the new 6 groove that has so far worked like a dream and now he wants in and wants to be paid. Bill was sent barrels at the very beginning but wasn't interested. He should just wait for his killer 8 groove

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Cough Cough ..........Maybe I should make it a heavy gun ......Oh let me call NY and ask .......I think I'll have some brandy and a liverwurst sammy and sleep on it....

Let you know later when I have to pee........cough cough

Where does one buy the 15 bull targets ? What league shoots them anyhow ? Cough Choke .......

I quoted from you above:

Friend Paul, it's Art.....

Deltronic pins, or any kind of bore gage, won't tell you anything about waxed, lead bullet accuracy.....

My friend, are you serious about building waxed, lead bullet rimfire barrels?

If you are, deltronic pins, or amy kind of bore measurement instrument, will tell you nothing...

Again, are you serious about building waxed, rimfire, "cut rifled" barrels?

I have my standard consulting fee......

My opinion after a lot of hard work by Rock Creek barrels and Gordon Eck working with them to produce the new 6 groove that has so far worked like a dream and now he wants in and wants to be paid. Bill was sent barrels at the very beginning but wasn't interested. He should just wait for his killer 8 groove

Jim

+1 ^^

Cough Cough ..........Maybe I should make it a heavy gun ......Oh let me call NY and ask .......I think I'll have some brandy and a liverwurst sammy and sleep on it....

Let you know later when I have to pee........cough cough

Where does one buy the 15 bull targets ? What league shoots them anyhow ? Cough Choke .......

Jim

You really should get yourself done to the medics and see if they can do something about the weak bladder and that darn chest infection.

Back