Bart's 30 caliber bullets test Results

Bill,

Great idea! The concrete would cause some extra mirage. I think the ditch is going on 5 years with no movement yet. We do have a few 24 inch 2x4s cut and placed for bracing in the top of the ditch!

Bart

Just a thought.. If the walls were formed with a notch at the top for steel grates to rest in it, you could drive/walk over it and they would keep the walls from moving towards each other. They could possibly provide a little shade and reduce mirage too? Maybe reduce some wind turbulance??? Now, after the fact, you might be able to anchor angle iron to the top of the walls, set the grates in between, then add topsoil to elevate to the top of the grates.

Bart, how are the long range 6mm bullets coming?

Jerry!

The long 6mms are a slow go! It doesn't look like I will have jackets until the end of January. I already have the dies. However, 6.5s are looking up. I already have jackets and waiting on dies to show up! Which should be fairly quick. I'm not for sure how I managed to mess that up so bad!

Bill, it is a good thread.
Bart, I was fortunate enough to have met the "concrete monkey" at a local gun show. He invited me to come shoot one Saturday. This has been a couple of years ago.
I was under the impression that you'd be there, too, but unfortunately, you were out of town that weekend.

Anyway, I did take Jim up on the invite. I struggled with shooting due to a gun problem that I later found, but truly enjoyed the opportunity to shoot in your tunnel. I was most impressed with the whole place. You have a beautiful place back there. We shot both upstairs and down in the tunnel.It was nice to meet Jim. He was quite hospitable and we had a good time....at least as good as can be expected with a gun that wasn't shooting. Jim probably thought I had no idea how to shoot! It was shooting an occasional decent group, but many more that were probably in the .3's. It was a big relief when I found the problem with the gun, but the damage was already done, as I was embarrassed with how I shot. From that perspective alone...I'm glad you weren't there with us to see it.:eek:

I'm about an hour and a half from you. Maybe we could get together and try again some day, or meet in Bowling Green to grab a bite....my treat.
I'd like to finally meet you when you and I both have the time.

Tell Jim I say hello and thanks for the hospitality.--Mike

Mike,

You've got to be one of the good guys! Monkey is very picky about who he brings down here! I've also heard good things about you from the Wilmore gang! We will have together! I look forward to meeting you!
I hate I missed you the first time.

Bart

Mike,

You've got to be one of the good guys! Monkey is very picky about who he brings down here! I've also heard good things about you from the Wilmore gang! We will have together! I look forward to meeting you!
I hate I missed you the first time.

Bart

Thank you, Bart! If you get to Bowling Green, give me a call. I'd like to meet up and buy you dinner and get to know you. Life and work get in the way, or I'd have contacted you sooner about getting together somewhere. I'll do my best to make it happen whenever your schedule allows.

I've got a lot of people I call friends that are regulars at Wilmore. It's a fine bunch of people...even Mike and Bill.:p Those kind of people are the biggest reason I do this. Like most places, the br crowd at Wilmore is a good bunch of people. I use to shoot there more than I have of late due to time and having a couple of ranges closer by, but I miss them and need to make a point to get up there some next season. Around here, score matches are plentiful. I can shoot pretty much every weekend somewhere within about 3-3.5 hours away. But I want to try some group matches next season, too...as time allows. I know I could learn a lot from you.

I very much enjoyed meeting Jim and being invited to your place. I do recall him saying that he and you were very selective about who has had that privilege. I'm in Logan county, about 20 minutes from BG. If you're ever nearby, stop in. We can shoot here. I've been in the process of building a shooting house attached to my shop...lets just say for a while now:eek:. Maybe it'll be done by spring. It won't be as nice as yours, but we could shoot out to about 600 yards, although I seldom shoot that far. I can shoot out to 100 from the back door of the shop, now, without getting into the wheat field we lease to someone else. It ain't fancy but it's my piece of Heaven out in the country. Sure makes it nice testing guns and loads, though. You're welcome any time. --Mike 270-542-6022

Jackie Schmidt wins with Bart's 30 Caliber X-OUTS

Just a follow up on this earlier post!

There has been a lot of testing and shooting over the winter! Jackie Schmidt has done a good bit of shooting the new 30 caliber bullet. In other threads we've posted some practice score targets and several impressive 5 shot groups. All of that is great but it comes down to...How will it do in competition?

Apparently, it can hold its own!

Jackie won with it this weekend shooting 21X at the VFS Match in Austin under challenging conditions! It's the first match out! Not too shabby! The bullet is working! The new 30 Jackets are working and Jackie and Jackies' rifle are working!

Thank you Jackie!

Bart
Bart's Custom Bullets

Back