Any motorcyclists on this forum?

D

Dennis Sorensen

6 speed transmission installed and a new clutch disc while it was apart and new saddle bag brackets .. testing it on the highway tomorrow...

pictures 1 and 2 at 12 noon...

3rd picture at 5:30 pm.

I never thought I would get it all back together.... 2001 R1200C.

Dennis

halfabikeat12noona-0.jpg

halfabikeat12noonb-0.jpg

reassembledat530pm-0.jpg

Wow Dennis that is some pretty heavy mechanical work you had going on there........... Tommorrow will tell the tale......... ;^)

Would love to have a bike but I would have to sell my rifles to have one at this time.

Soon maybe soon there will be one in my driveway....

Calvin

Wow Dennis that is some pretty heavy mechanical work you had going on there........... Tommorrow will tell the tale......... ;^)

Would love to have a bike but I would have to sell my rifles to have one at this time.

Soon maybe soon there will be one in my driveway....

Calvin

I'll buy that 700 action on your worn out 6mm BR... My offer on barreling it still stands...

I am keeping you in mind. I think I have all I need in regards to the game of Bench Rest. I just need to figure the wind reading, tuning, and all the other good stuff that goes with the game. Oh yah and to keep feeding them powder and 66-68gr pills.

I have a plan for that Rem 700 but I first need to get a 223 boltface replacement bolt from Kiff and a barrel. I need a 20" heavy barreled varmint rifle. Just have not decided on what caliber 22 or 20. One of the guys in Ontario LOVES his 20 PPC and figures it is the best varmint round out there.

When I get back from Kansas and IF i have any money left I have to get that in the works.

Later

I prefer the .223 with the little Nosler 40 grain Ballistic tips... I don't shoot much beyond 250 yards and I have a great reamer for that set up...

Lookin good

I've got the tranny out of one of my bikes also. I't's only a 4 speed though.

Later
Dave

Attachments

• Knuck1.jpg
    Knuck1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Knuck2.jpg
    Knuck2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Knuck3.jpg
    Knuck3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 287
No parts left over and I just got back from a test run...
I love the new 6 speed... a conversion I highly recommend...

3000 or less rpm gives a sharp image in the mirrors...

5 speed transmission 5th gear - 3000 rpm = 90 km/h (56 mph) my original "C" transmission
6 speed transmission 5th gear - 3000 rpm = 82 km/h (51 mph)
6 speed transmission 6th gear - 3000 rpm = 105 km/h (66 mph)
On flat pavement measured with a GPS.

It shifts smoother than my old transmission possibly due to the new linkage bushing I made to replace a slightly loose damaged bushing...

Clutch feels great...

motorcyclist

Dennis,
Nice bike and my hat is off to you on your mechanical savy. I have a BMW 1100 rt, a Suzuki Hayabusa, and a Honda XR 650
ifldned

As a long time Harley rider, you'll have to expain this "sharp image in the mirrors" phenomenom. LOL

Landy

Dennis
How many miles on the bike to warrant replacing the tranny?

For sure Husker. The bike in my photo above is the same. If the mirror isn't vibrating the motor isn't running. The bike is a stock 1947 EL Harley (Knucklehead)--same year as the knucklehead that rides it.

Later
Dave

Last edited:
Dennis,
Yanno the clutches will last a little longer if ya don't do burnouts at every red light. Stick to every other one ....................and how do you think I know this??? Have fun & keep the shiney side up.

An 'in progress' pic of the last RR bike I actually got to race [ as opposed to the one I built but didn't get to race :( ]

Ahrma SOS 2stroke race winner [ eventually :) ]

Goldberg-003.jpg

Scope boxes?

Dennis, you are the first mechanic that Ive seen use Leupold scope boxes for oil/parts collection.

Business must be good.................Don

If the mirror isn't vibrating the motor isn't running. The bike is a stock 1947 EL Harley (Knucklehead)--same year as the knucklehead that rides it.
My momma, God rest her soul, learned to ride on a 1949 (I believe) Hydra-Glide and spent a couple of summers motoring around the Gulf Coast area before the guy she borrowed it from wanted it back.

One of the few times in my life that I truly, deeply disappointed her was when I came home from college on a Suzuki GR650 upright twin. I'll never forget the sadness in her voice when she said "Son, if we'd known you were really serious about getting a bike, we would have found a way to get the money for a Harley!"

That being said, she eventually admitted that it was a nice bike, in a sort of Triumph-y way. I used to pack her around on the back of that thing for years and she loved every minute of it.

Gotta go, now. Something in my eye...

Those GR650's were great bikes. I got to resurrect one for a customer back when I had my shop [ this was mid 90's ] and after test riding I wanted to buy the thing. If Suzuki had of used the GR motor in a bike like the GS500 it would have been a great all around bike. The Honda GT650's were also fun bikes.

Baker 6 speed

I run a Baker 6 speed but need to be going 75+ mph to turn enough rpm to use 6th gear. The bike is a 2003 Big Dog Chopper with S&S 107 cubic inch motor. Your clutch/tranny pics are impressive.

Attachments

• side view (640 x 453).jpg
    side view (640 x 453).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 204
6 speed transmission installed and a new clutch disc while it was apart and new saddle bag brackets .. testing it on the highway tomorrow...

pictures 1 and 2 at 12 noon...

3rd picture at 5:30 pm.

I never thought I would get it all back together.... 2001 R1200C.

Dennis

halfabikeat12noona-0.jpg

halfabikeat12noonb-0.jpg

reassembledat530pm-0.jpg

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.

Back