A Lady wins at Fairfax Rod & Gun Club

A

AVanGorder

Today was the local 200 yard IBS Score match. The weather was rather chilly and got colder as the match progressed. Around noon it was down at around 40 degrees. The wind appeared to be manageable, at times. However, it pushed the bullets around more than most predicted. At the end of the day, just six shooters were able to hold on to the 250.

I am very proud to report that the match winner is Julia Van Gorder. This is her first win and was a great day. The top three in VFS:
Julia Van Gorder 250-12X
Dick Grosbier 250-9X
Dean Breeden 250-8X

First and second place in Modified Factory class had the same score separated by just one X.
Adrian Van Gorder 239-3X
Ray Bowman 239-2X

From left to right: Dick Grosbier, Julia Van Gorder, Dean Breeden
FRGC-Top3.jpg

This is the match director, Wayne France and Julia Van Gorder
WayneandJulia.jpg

Congratulations Julia!

Excellent job today Julia! And contrats to Adrian as well!
I also want to thank the folks there as well, it was my first match at Fairfax
and the people there are terrific. Everyone was extremely helpful and I learned alot about reading wind flags.
If any other new shooters can come to the next match on January 13th you are sure to have a good time.
Thanks again to all.
Ray Bowman

It was just a matter of time. Julia has been shooting well for quite some time now, and just needed to get over the hump. Nice shooting.

Outstanding!!!!

Julia for President! See ya at the Rock.

Stay Safe, Doug:D

Wait A Minute!!!!!!

Isn't that the same good looking gal that had a picture of Her, and Her new Rifle, just a couple of weeks ago.
I guess she IS more than just a pretty face.
Wat to go!!!!!........jackie

It looks like it didn't take too long to get used to that new rifle.

I heard from a reliable source that Julia cooly sat down for match 5 and shot a 50-3X in the worst conditions of the day to seal the deal.

Great shooting! I don't think anyone is any too surprised, though.......

-Dave-:)

Congrats Julia!!!

And to think I missed it! Wish I could have been there!

At least I didn't have to watch all my money go in the Van Gorder's pockets - but I'm kinda used to that anyway!

My guess it was with the yellow Panda and not the new rifle yet, but I'm sure someone will fill us in...

Congrats again Julia! The first of many I'm sure!

Tom

Congratulations Julia! way to end the year, I am sorry I missed it. I knew it was a matter of when not if it would happen, she has shot extremely well from her very first match.I predicted early this past year that Julia and Kim Llewellen would win before the year was over and they have both came thru with a win. There will be many more wins for both. Congrats again to all, Steve

Question for Adrian..

The equipment report states that Julia was shooting BERGER 115 grain bullets:eek:
I did not know that Berger bullets offered a 115 grain 30 caliber..:confused:
Is it a miss-print?
Or is there some individual out there named "Berger" making bullets for sale?

I have shot Berger 110 grain bullets out of my 18 twist with excellent results..

Thank you!

I would like to thank everyone who was so kind and supportive of my shooting this past year! Please know that I really appreciate it. It was very exciting to win my first match and I hope it's not the last. ;)

Just to clarify - I shot my yellow gun this past weekend, Woodstock. Adrian has shot it plenty of times in the past. I am yet to bring out my new gun - Lucy. Better watch out, she looks like a winner, thanks to Jim Borden. ;)

Thank you so much for all of your kind responses!

Julia Van Gorder

The equipment report states that Julia was shooting BERGER 115 grain bullets:eek:
I did not know that Berger bullets offered a 115 grain 30 caliber..:confused:
Is it a miss-print?
Or is there some individual out there named "Berger" making bullets for sale?

I have shot Berger 110 grain bullets out of my 18 twist with excellent results..

Maybe Berger is making her something special :)

This match, Julia was shooting Berger 110 grain bullets.

She was shooting her other rifle (Lucy the BB (Borden Built) gun) just a day before, and was shooting Euber 115, and got confused when signing up.

Adrian

Back