A Lady wins at Fairfax Rod & Gun Club

Julias' new gun Lucy

Adrian, did "Lucy" get a different chamber than "Woodstock"...I have a 30BR with a standard Kiff "Robinette" reamer design that shoots 110 Bergers very well, but am considering a new barrel with some minor differences of the 30BR reamer design..mabe a 1 1/2 degree lead angle and a .3083 throat diameter...Who offers unique variants of the 30BR design?
I heard Wayne Shaw built some killer 30BRs...

Adrian, did "Lucy" get a different chamber than "Woodstock"...I have a 30BR with a standard Kiff "Robinette" reamer design that shoots 110 Bergers very well, but am considering a new barrel with some minor differences of the 30BR reamer design..mabe a 1 1/2 degree lead angle and a .3083 throat diameter...Who offers unique variants of the 30BR design?
I heard Wayne Shaw built some killer 30BRs...

I have been shooting a Wayne Shaw rifle (named Eugene)... it got me "Rookie of the Year" for two years in a row.
The gun that Julia just won with, last weekend (Woodstock), is also Wayne Shaw's work. I won a couple matches with her gun also.

Lucy came from Jim Borden. Woodstock is from Wayne Shaw. I don't know the difference in the reamers, but, the chambers are different. The brass from Woodstock will not fit in Lucy.

Woodstock will shoot almost anything. Last weekend Julia shot Berger 110s just because we had tested them and they worked well and was low on other bullets. I took second at the North Carolina State, with this gun, shooting Cheek 118s. I won a match in Richmond, VA using Robinette 118s.

Julia, doing some fire forming with Lucy, had some fantastic groups shooting Euber 115s. We'll see what happens here. She is really looking forward to shooting Lucy at a match.

Adrian

Impressive Win

Julia,

Great shooting - Its great to see you and Adrian do so well !

Jerry ;)

Back