100 yard 22lr accuracy outdoors

22lr windage

I very much appreciate all the expert advice I've been given in this forum and will use it to accomplish my goal. Thank you so such, ifldned,

wind flags

I bought some wind flags and you are right. I have them set up in my backyard and can see them now. There's not a breeze to be seen from wind chimes and leaves on trees in the yard and the tails on the windflags are flapping away like I can't believe. Thanks for you expertise
ifldned

100 yds

"All I want is one .25 inch, five shot group at 100 yards outdoors."

You will throw a ton of lead down range before you "luck" into a .25" group at 100 yds. Shooting at 100 yds is a whole different animal, and you will spend a train load of money trying to find ammo that will consistently perform at 100. My first suggestion is to try and find some Federal UM-1 or some Lapua Midas gold box, that might be a shortcut to try and achieve your goal.

thanks for the info update. How does your rifle shoot? I researched your rifle ,the model 37 and the scope, it's a rare find.

ifldned, my rifle shoots very good, 3/4" groups at 100yds are common, shooting Wolf Match Target ammo, both with the tube sights & a Lyman Super Targetspot 15X. This is on a calm day since I'm not great at reading the wind flags. The rifle has a Canjar-3 trigger which is great. Thanks for the info.

Back