xp100 mount problem

S

spring

Who makes a one piece base weaver style for a older xp100. I tried a #70 weaver but it appears to be for a xp100 that the front and rear of the reciever are round. My reciever is round on the front and flat on the rear.

XP-100 base

I think a base for Remington 600 will work, basically the 600 was derived from the XP receiver. Weaver bases are one piece with a small flat/radius shim for the rear, Redfield bases are machined to fit flat rear/radius front. There are usually a couple of one or the other on the auction sites.
Dick

Spring: I have an older set up for a Remington XP-100 pistol.
It is a Weaver base with Weaver rings, all screws and an additional tiny piece of Weaver metal that I assume is a spacer! This spacer has one hole in it and I think it is the spacer that changes the base from round rear type to plat rear type - I'm not sure.
Its in excellent condition!
AND, it is for sale at $20.00 for all of it.
E-mail me direct for more answers etc - at: VarmintGuy@aol.com

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Just FYI

I have a set of Leupold 2 piece bases and medium rings for the new XR-100/Model 7 that I will sell for $30 shipped. Sorry for the thread hi-jack. :rolleyes:

Who makes a one piece base weaver style for a older xp100. I tried a #70 weaver but it appears to be for a xp100 that the front and rear of the reciever are round. My reciever is round on the front and flat on the rear.

No one that I've found, however you can just cut off a Rem 700 short action Weaver or Picatinny rail so it's even with the edge of the cut for the bolt handle on the receiver and it should fit. The XP-100 in this picture is chambered in 260 Rem and supersonic to 1000 yards. If I remember right this was an IOR short action 20MOA Picatinny rail which is only shortened. The TC's are a 25" Bullberry 17 Remington and a "Super 16" 45-70. The little pistol is a Beretta 950B in 22 short.

dsc00936.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
XP scope mounts

Pay particular attention to the fitting of the base on the front receiver ring as the XP-100 front receiver ring length & ejection port is flared differently than a 40X/700/Seven.
I use Ken Farrell 1pc bases on my XP's & Seven's.
www.kenfarrell.com

XP100 Base

Davidson one piece with Kelby Rings available from Sinclair!

HKcarbine

Back